Just beginning

Swissmiss
Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi--I am new here. I joined because I have not been very successful lately in my battle of the bulge. I have been trying to go it alone and feel that my problem may be just that. I am hoping that I will find encouragement from others to help me get the job done. I do not have a lot of weight to lose. Just 15 to 20 pounds but I am finding that when there are not too many left to go that it gets very difficult. I am tracking my calories now and pushing myself to go to the gym. I always used the excuse that after 8 hours of rather hard physical work I don't feel like going to the gym. Well, I began to force myself to go and much to my surprise I have so much more energy after working out then before that I can continue working at home doing housework and cooking. If I had gone home straight from work I wouldn't have had the energy to work anymore. I guess the gym is giving me a second wind. I haven't lost any weight in the past three weeks that I have been going to the gym, BUT, I am finding that my fat feels a lot more solid. I am hoping that the muscle I am developing will soon begin to burn fat. Well, enough about me, I am going to go read what everyone else has to say.

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Hi--I am new here. I joined because I have not been very successful lately in my battle of the bulge. I have been trying to go it alone and feel that my problem may be just that. I am hoping that I will find encouragement from others to help me get the job done. I do not have a lot of weight to lose. Just 15 to 20 pounds but I am finding that when there are not too many left to go that it gets very difficult. I am tracking my calories now and pushing myself to go to the gym. I always used the excuse that after 8 hours of rather hard physical work I don't feel like going to the gym. Well, I began to force myself to go and much to my surprise I have so much more energy after working out then before that I can continue working at home doing housework and cooking. If I had gone home straight from work I wouldn't have had the energy to work anymore. I guess the gym is giving me a second wind. I haven't lost any weight in the past three weeks that I have been going to the gym, BUT, I am finding that my fat feels a lot more solid. I am hoping that the muscle I am developing will soon begin to burn fat. Well, enough about me, I am going to go read what everyone else has to say.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome!
    This site is fantastic, and the best part is, it REALLY WORKS! You WILL lose the weight that you want to here!
    I have a thyroid problem, and thought that my days of losing any weight were over, cuz all I ever did was gain! BUT, since I came here, I've been steadily losing! AND, it's been pretty darned easy, as well as fun, if you can believe it!
    I suggest that you log your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, since it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh and or measure some things, such as meat, rather than estimate and maybe be way off.
    I don't go to a gym, like alot of them do here. I'm "frugal", OK, "CHEAP" :laugh: so I walk, and also dance to fast oldies in my living room. Doesn't cost me a dime, which is just great with me! :laugh:
    Anyway, good luck, I'm sure you'll do just great here!
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hi there and welcome!!!
This discussion has been closed.