venison

Options
2»

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Look up Chef Myron's 20 Guage. It's a marinade that's made for game. We make teriyaki out of it that is to die for.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    crock pot with cream of mushroom or cream of onion soup.
    add in some seasonings, maybe some carrots and potatoes.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Depends on the cut or process????

We like it just about anyway we can get it! Personally I would grill it!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey! So I have a ton of venison in my freezer that I need to cook, does anyone have any good recipes?

let it sit in the fridge for a few hours in some milk, and than a marinade after you've taken it out of the milk with some salt, pepper and whatever red wine you enjoy. than just cut into steaks and grill for salads and over noodles, grind and make into yummy burger patties or even breakfast sausage with some veggies mixed in, or just slow roast the whole thing after you sear the outside quickly in a hot pan :-D so jealous you have it in your fridge, it's the meat of my childhood (hunting dad and family memebers) and now we've moved up northeast and i barely get a chance to have it haha enjoy!!

ok so why the milk? I never heard of that one before....
  • canela023
    canela023 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is my first day on this site and I just saw your post. We also eat venison. Here is a delicious and easy recipe. It is the only way I can get my husband to eat venison:

Place venison roast in crockpot. Pour one envelope of Lipton Onion soup over the roast, then a bottle of chili sauce. Then pur a can of coke (or rootbeer) over the roast. Cook on low for about 4 hours and enjoy!

Sounds real good - bump
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    Send it to me...I will have no problem getting rid of it for you! ;-)

haha, hey now! I worked hard for all that meat :)- I process and cut up all the meat by myself.... So we have everything! We usually the the shoulders in jerky and dried sausage, the ham goes into steaks and of course the tenderloin and backstrap is always the first to go! lol
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes! This is my first day on this site and I just saw your post. We also eat venison. Here is a delicious and easy recipe. It is the only way I can get my husband to eat venison:

Place venison roast in crockpot. Pour one envelope of Lipton Onion soup over the roast, then a bottle of chili sauce. Then pur a can of coke (or rootbeer) over the roast. Cook on low for about 4 hours and enjoy!

Sounds real good - bump

that does sound good!
  • wyomingmama
    wyomingmama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    HOwdy from Wyoming! Deer and Elk (my fave) country.

Milk pulls out the gamey taste. But I don't do that. I but my meat in water for a few hours which helps pull out the blood. Then rest in a bowl another hour before cooking.

Last night I made Hunter Steaks.!
    Take any peice of meat and cut of large chunks to pound out!
    Then paint on spicy mustard
    Then dredge in seasoned flour!
    Heat a skilled with alittle oil or butter over med. heat

Brown on each side. It ould takes a few minutes.
    Then add a little of the seasoned flour to the pan to soak up the oil and add beef broth...yummy gravy!

My Husband loved it!
  • rfarley64014
    rfarley64014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I make burgers out of our venison, I only add onion soup mix to it. You really don't need to add beef, or beef soot to it. They hold together really well. Also after making the patties, I put them back in the ice box to set for a bit.
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    cut into strips marinate in franks buffalo wing sauce or make your own with 1/2 cup hot sauce and like a table spoon of butter melt it in a pan then let cool. Take the strips of Venison and but them with the sauce for 24- 48 hours then cook them in a pan with red peppers and onions. get soft taco shells or anything like that fat free sour cream lettuce tomato and think you like on tacos and you have some very yummy tacos !!!!!

It takes away all the game taste !!!

Hope you like it WE love it !

Lisa