shoes

Options
what are the best kind of shoes for comfort to use for mostly walking but some jogging? i did a half marathon with my mother in law and i know i need new shoes, i have blisters and my feet hurt. what kind of shoes should i get?

Replies

• emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well, I will click on any post titled shoes! LOL! I love my shoes, which I mainly use for walking. I got them at Kohls, they were on sale. I am at work but when I get home I will check and then post the brand/make. :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you're running half marathons, wear running shoes. In fact, I'd check out a fitness store that can help you find the exact right shoe for how you run. For everyday wear, and general exercising, I like crosstrainers best.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Asics are great shoes and the prices are very reasonable
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Reebok Runtones really do help you tone up your legs and they are great for running AND walking. I love mine and will buy more when these are worn out!!!
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For walking I wear the Shape-Ups. They work well for me. I wouldn't recommend them for jogging though. I also have a pair of the Asics with the gel inside. I am loving those.
  • jseyan
    jseyan Posts: 1
    Options
    i see a podiatrist because I need custom inserts. he always educates me about good shoes. He thinks new balance is a GREAT Shoe, so far I'm inclined to agree.
  • ck163044
    ck163044 Posts: 5
    Options
    Any kind of New Balance running shoe should work.....
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I love my New Balance ....
    everyone is different... so it is better to find what you like and are comfortable with.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going to a running shoe store and get fitted. They will fit you for the way you walk/run. You don't need to buy the shoes there, but they usually aren't any more expensive than buying them anywhere else. I've bought some really good ones for $60-80.
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You definitely need running shoes if you will be doing any running. As far as the brand goes, it depends on your feet. You should try on a variety of different kinds to see what works with your foot. Also if there is a running store in your area you should go and get fitted- they will actually watch you run to see if you pronate, etc. I currently have Asics but I love Saucony as well (I have wide feet). Good luck!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    what are the best kind of shoes for comfort to use for mostly walking but some jogging? i did a half marathon with my mother in law and i know i need new shoes, i have blisters and my feet hurt. what kind of shoes should i get?
    Sorry if this comes off as rude, but asking this question is like asking "What kind of car should I buy?". You are going to get as many answers as there are models, and none will be right for you.

I second the recommendation of going to a running store for a custom fit. I may cost you more initially, but you won't end up going through a dozen different shoes looking for the one that is right for you.
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm a total shoeaholic, I've owned every brand and style there is (it's no wonder my mother nicknamed me shoeshoe from a very early age). My absolute hands down favorite is Asics. I buy their running shoes and I use them for everything, I love, love, love them.
  • royal13
    royal13 Posts: 1
    Options
    i dont know what price range you're looking for but over the weekend i bought the K-Swiss Tubes and they are phenomenal...(i paid $75 bucks for them) super light weight and comfortable, feels like you have clouds on your feet so no matter what exercise you'll be doing (running, aerobics, weightlifting) you'll be super comfy...you'll thank me later
  • miki1024
    miki1024 Posts: 4
    Options
    Find a new balance store. they have machine that measure the pressure points in your feet and will find you the best match for you.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you live... bur we have RoadRunner here in the SF Bay Area... they actually make you run on a treadmill type thing which shows how you run... and then they fit you with proper shoes. They are great!

I currently have New Balance, but everyone's feet different... so get fitted properly!!!!

L.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Find a new balance store. they have machine that measure the pressure points in your feet and will find you the best match for you.

This. I love New Balances & keep coming back to them. They're pricey but last a long time. I've got a pair of walkers & a pair of runners, and both are great. I also like the fact that I can find plain-looking, neutral grey shoes instead of loud flourescent colors & bubbles & stuff.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing is to get fitted and try a bunch! Everyone told me Nike Nike Nike for running, but I ended up with Asics, which I love! 100.00 price range, but worth it! I think its totally individual!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Something else to keep in mind is that running shoes wear out. They need to be replaced every 300-500 miles depending on your running style. This is because the cushion wears out over time.
  • otgrouch
    otgrouch Posts: 21
    Options
    I have a pair of sauconys. I went to one of those stores where they actually have you walk and jog on a treadmill. That's the pair they suggested to me. I love them. They also were one of the shoes with a wide width.
  • TTarkwon
    TTarkwon Posts: 1
    Options
    Ana, remember at footlocker when we went shopping they have certain shoes for the amount of running and walking you do. As far as brands I have no idea. lol!