Whats the best all round workout at home?

ArroBl
ArroBl Posts: 8
edited 2:03AM in Fitness and Exercise
Ive been trying to look for this all over the internet but i have found nothing precise that helps me,
im looking to know what is the best workout you can do at home with a few weights and for how long?

im trying to lose weight, tone up and get fit... i go to the gym but i feel that is not enough as im not seeing much improvement so id like to do alot more at home aswell

Replies

• You should check out P90x or any of the other beachbody workouts at http://www.beachbody.com/?tnt=HOME_RT_A1 I love p90x!!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    When I cant make it to the Gym to tear it up, I always go out for walks and Hikes. If you are walking and can walk in grass, on gravel and sand, you can burn a lot of calories compared to just walking on pavement. I take my kids with me or just go by myself. It tones you up pretty good and if you get your arms moving up and down, you will feel it even more...
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    I walk, either outside or on treadmill at as quick of a pace as I can (and still enjoy the walk). Also do some floor work and light weights for legs, abs, arms. Mix it up.
  • Check out bodybuilding.com. Go to the "supersite" tab then click "exercises." They have a whole slew of exercises that don't require machines. If you have an exercise ball, my favorite is to get in the plank position with the ball under my lower legs, then using my abs only I pull the ball in, bending my legs at least 90 degrees. This works my core, hamstrings and quads. Then there is squats. If you have light weights, then compound this exercise with an overhead press for a great workout.
This discussion has been closed.