Mio?

Options
I am a pretty big water drinker as it is but I do like to have something else sometimes. Diet Coke (my former lover) just has too much sodium and other yuckiness... so I saw Mio. And, being a Southerner... I love the sweet tea flavor. My question is does this still count as your water? Or does water become un-water once it's a different color? :bigsmile:

Replies

• msciaobella
    msciaobella Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am drinking the grape Mio water right now and I have lost 2 pounds (probably water weight) in the past 2 weeks by drinking more water and this is my drink of choice :)
  • gurlondrums
    gurlondrums Posts: 187
    Options
    I don't know for sure but I still count it towards my daily water intake. It has no calories. I love the sweet tea and the berry pomegranate flavors.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I bought the Mango Peach flavor and I like it a lot better than Crystal Light. People will always debate over whether artificial sweeteners are bad for us or not. So as long as those don't bother you, sure it's water! And at least you get to control the amount so you could even wean yourself off to using a very minuscule amount.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    somewhere I read that you can count your flavored waters or teas after you've reached your water goal for the day. Not sure if thats the current thinking!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I may have to see if I can find this. I generally dislike the flavor (or lack thereof) of water. The pipes where I live are super old so the water tastes nasty out of the tap. I have a filtered water bottle, but it only does so much!
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    It's ALL I drink now. I don't love water and I don't love it too sweet. This stuff is perfect for me!!! MmmMMmm Berry Pomegranete!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    It still counts. I don't drink it because it contains food coloring.
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just bought Mio in the tea version myself. It's just okay as far as taste goes and it takes more than a squirt! I think it's pretty pricey! My kids thought it was cool and I would rather them drink that occasionally in water than a soda. I also use crystal light. I'm not a fan of artificial anything...especially when it comes to sweetners, but I enjoy taking a 24oz sports bottle full of something tasty/no cal as a reward/motivation as I'm working out. Every thing in moderation :)
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just bought Mio in the tea version myself. It's just okay as far as taste goes and it takes more than a squirt! I think it's pretty pricey! My kids thought it was cool and I would rather them drink that occasionally in water than a soda. I also use crystal light. I'm not a fan of artificial anything...especially when it comes to sweetners, but I enjoy taking a 24oz sports bottle full of something tasty/no cal as a reward/motivation as I'm working out. Every thing in moderation :)

Yeah, I agree... I was hesitant to buy it because the bright colors turned me off. But I am a sucker for sweet tea. I agree with you that it took more than a little squirt to resemble the taste of tea (which I found especially odd because of all the labelling... "a little mio goes a loooooong way" and whatnot). And it is certainly pricey... at almost $4 a pop... it hasn't lasted very long.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I still count it as water. It's the only way I can drink so much water now! I absolutely love the sweet tea flavor. Am I delusional and thinking I'm really drinking a McDonald's sweet tea? No, but it's not 240 calories like a large tea either!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Water is always water. It is a polar molecule and it attracts other molecules that have polarity. It is like a magnet that simply attracts other molecules and holds on to them. This is why water can be used to dissolve so many things. So anything you add to your water, Mio, crystal light or otherwise does not change the fact that you are still drinking water and should count it as such. One 8 oz. glass of water flavored with whatever is still an 8 oz glass of water. The chemical composition does not change because you have only created a solution. There's the science behind it...