Does weight loss lead to more toned breasts?

Options
I know it is a sensitive topic for many, but I'm wondering if someone who has had drastic weight loss could answer a question for me: Does your breast become smaller (and more toned) as you are losing weight? Or, do they become flabby. I'm curious because I would love to go down a couple of cup sizes while losing weight.

Thanks,

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Define "drastic" weight loss. Personally, I lost more than 4 inches in my chest (38" to 33.75"), going from a B+ to A bra cup size. Very happy to have lost the back fat but very unhappy about the boobies. :cry:
  • banana927
    banana927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they are more toned, but I went down two sizes with a ten pound weight loss.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs and the first things to go were my boobs and my butt. They aren't more toned, they're just flatter and slightly flabby. I've also had 3 kids that were all breast fed which contributes to some of the flabbiness. I do a lot of strength training and I've got a muscular chest but the boobies just ain't there.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost 50lbs and 1, almost 2 cup sizes. I wish I could tell you that they got nice and tone, but no, they are getting to look like old lady boobs! I told my husband that when I get to my goal, I'm getting them lifted!
    If anyone has any tips on how to tone them, I would love to hear it! Good luck!
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    Depends on your body and doing more exercises with the muscles around that area helps tone everything up as well. So try push ups and hula hooping around your chest really helps and it's fun.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm a DDD right now, really hoping to do down to a D or even a C, when I've lost weight before some of it's been from the bust, and when my sister and mother lost weight they both went down a few sizes.
  • lllazarus
    lllazarus Posts: 11
    Options
    I will be losing my boobies too and they will not be toned. lol but its ok as long as my stomach isn't sticking out farther than my chest I will be happy.
  • larsbeachgirl
    Options
    Good question!!! I know you go down in size but 'toned' / firm or flabby is the curiosity factor....I feel your pain Terriwin - wouldn't mind my DD's to become C :wink: :laugh: think my constant back pain might disappear too :tongue: :laugh:
  • rochelleangel86
    Options
    Does weight loss lead to more toned breasts? It definitely leads to smaller ones but I think it would depend on what type of weight training you are doing to if they will be more toned. For example lifting arm weights and working your upper back would help tone.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sorry, smaller but a little more southward bound... I wish you could excercise the UP!

l.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    boobs aren't muscle they are made of fat so while you can tone the area around your boobs, the boobs themselves cannot be toned.
  • hellokittymfp
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs and the first things to go were my boobs and my butt. They aren't more toned, they're just flatter and slightly flabby. I've also had 3 kids that were all breast fed which contributes to some of the flabbiness. I do a lot of strength training and I've got a muscular chest but the boobies just ain't there.

Actually, the BFing didn't add to the flabbiness, just having kids (whether BF or FF) makes you flabby. Just wanted to make sure ppl aren't blaming it just on BFing.
  • Terriwin
    Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm currently at a D and want to get to an A, but a perky A. :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    sorry but mine seem to have gone the way of deflated balloons, not as bad yet as last time i lost well, but i am not to that point , another 10 pounds well might be able to roll them up like fruit roll ups, which is why i am gonna start saving fro a boob job LOL