Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

snack???

Today I changed my goals and activity level so that I am positive I am not double counting burned calories. My deficit is already set at 1000 cals per day making my daily intake calories 1200. I have burned almost 900 calories today and still have 580 left to eat to get to my net of 1200. It is 7:38 and I will be going to bed around 11:30. What should I eat to consume those calories????

Replies

• achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Have you already eaten dinner? If not, I'd suggest some lean protein, like white meat chicken and some steamed vegetables. If this is only a "snack" then consider some lean protein, such as non-fat greek yogurt or some raw almonds. I like to have a bit of organic (no sugar added) peanut butter on celery sticks as a satisfying snack too. Peanut butter and nuts are not super low calorie, but they contain healthy fats your body needs and are satisfying foods. Good luck with your future health goals!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 333 Member
    You could always eat fruits or vegetables. You could also eat a small bowl of cereal.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 333 Member
    Have you already eaten dinner? If not, I'd suggest some lean protein, like white meat chicken and some steamed vegetables. If this is only a "snack" then consider some lean protein, such as non-fat greek yogurt or some raw almonds. I like to have a bit of organic (no sugar added) peanut butter on celery sticks as a satisfying snack too. Peanut butter and nuts are not super low calorie, but they contain healthy fats your body needs and are satisfying foods. Good luck with your future health goals!

Yeah, I agree. I was gonna say the same thing. Celery w/ peanut butter & maybe even some raisins. They go really good together & it is a nutritious little snack! :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    I like to eat 2 pieces of Sara Lee Reduced calorie bread = 90 calories, with 1 TBS. of peanut butter divided equally between the 2 pieces of bread = 48 calories. Grand total = 138 calories add a small banana on the side = 106 calories for a grand total of 244 calories plus it will help you feel full, if you're feeling a little hungry. Also you could even add a glass of skim milk for an additiobal 90 calories and that equals 334, total. Which is a pretty big snack. You could even use 1 TBS for each piece of bread instead of dividing it between the 2 and that would add another 48 calories, which would then make your total 382.

Hope this helps!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I'm another fan of nuts and nut butters. Yogurt is good, and egg or two, or if you want, have another round of dinner if it fits.
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Thanks for the help....peanut butter actually sounds pretty good. I have been avoiding it because it is too many calories but since I have so many extra today would be the perfect day for it.

Thanks again:)