Salad dressing receipe wanted

Options
:brokenheart: Help needed. I am looking for receipes for homemade salad dressings that aren't too bad calorie or fat wise. Please send me your favorite.

Replies

• HeatherRenschler
    Options
    :brokenheart: Help needed. I am looking for receipes for homemade salad dressings that aren't too bad calorie or fat wise. Please send me your favorite.
  • muskratface
    muskratface Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a ranch fiend, and by no means any sort of cook/health food innovator, so I just mix in Uncle Dan's ranch dip mix (0 cals) with fat free sour cream and skim milk. It does the trick for about 10 calories a tablespoon :smile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I love vinegarettes!!

So you can do vinegar, some water, a little olive oil and mix in whatever you like:

ground/grainy mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, pinch of salt and onion powder - spritz of lemon

Or you can put a dollop of raspberry jam and again, garlic, onion powder, salt pepper

my daugher makes one --

1/4 c orange juice instead of water (garlic/salt/pepper) and I think some mrs. dash...

My suggestion for low cal -
    Wishbone spritzers - delish
  • MargaretA
    Options
    hi I love blue cheese .So I just take fat free blue cheese and regular and mix them togather.That cuts the callories in half .then i eat it on the side.an easy way to do it. I have been dieting sence feb and have lost 28 lbs .My starting wt. was 218 and now is 190. shooting for 180 for now.good luck to you margaret Brandenburg Ky
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've never been a salad lover, but, I don't mind them at all since I started using Wish Bone Raspberry Bliss spritzer. Hardly anything in it cal, etc. wise, and it's almost like eating a desert!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I make a fantabulous strawberry poppy seed salad and dressing!!! My aunt I think gave me the recipe. YUM! This is what I bring when I do "bring a dish" events because then I always have a healthy treat to "pig out" on when I am at a weak food area. You can make just the dressing on a regular salad as well. YUM!

1 1/2 teaspoon chopped green onion
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon poppy seeds
    1 bag baby spinach (buy a second bag if you wish to use the dripped down juice afterwards)
    1 package strawberries - slice thin (buy second package for left overs also)

Mix the first seven ingredients until completely blended. Keep stirring until the color changes due to a good mix. Just before you are ready to eat this salad, add it to pre-sliced strawberries and spinach. Now eat! YUM!

If you add the dressing prior to arriving at your event it will end up wilted looking. It will still look wilted when you mix it after people have munched on it a bit, but at that point they are addicted anyway and it tastes the same. :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    if you like dill and creamy dressings I have a great salad dressing that is healthy and low fat. Let me know I will post it later. I have to dig out the cookbook.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    if you like dill and creamy dressings I have a great salad dressing that is healthy and low fat. Let me know I will post it later. I have to dig out the cookbook.

Grab your shovel, I want to see it!!! YUM! Dill! YUM!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Here is a great low-fat dressing and it is refreshing too!

1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
    1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
    1/2 cup tomato juice (Ihave also used V8)
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp olive oil

Mix and enjoy

Carol
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Grab your shovel, I want to see it!!! YUM! Dill! YUM!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will look for it when I go home for lunch. Hopefully I will be able to post it after 2:00 est.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A woman at work would take a few mustard packets and a packet of artificial sweetner and toss it with her salads. It soulds kind of gross, but I tried it and believe it or not, it was good! So in a pinch at a salad bar where they don't have many low/non-fat choices you can usually always find those 2 ingredients.