30 Day Shred Cardio

Options
Thanks to a past injury, I was diagnosed with chondromalacia in my left knee today. As such, I'm headed to physical therapy and can't do anything TOO strenuous. My doctor specifically said no jumping jacks, which is a rather prominent part of the 30 Day Shred cardio circuit. The rest of the cardio circuit is pretty much all jumping, too - jump rope, butt kicks, etc. I really don't want to just sit there doing punches the whole time...does anyone have any ideas for cardio moves that won't be too stressful on the knees?

Replies

• gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My mom can't do them either and she just does them minus the jumping, if that makes sense.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    i jog in place or "conga" around the room LOL jumping kills my knees. the point is to keep moving
  • robinf125
    Options
    what about trying one of those "sit and be fit" videos?, just work the upper body moving your arms front, side, side, back and crunching your stomach and butt muscles at the same time...sounds weird but it would work. do the "twist" in a chair, just don't move your legs
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You can do standing jacks, which is basically putting one leg out to the side at a time while moving the arms like you would in a normal jack.