Couch to 5K results??

Options
Aubers
Aubers Posts: 39 Member
I just started the Couch to 5k today and so far so good :) I know it's only the first day in but I really like it and it looks like I will be able to stick this out! WOOHOO! :)

Anywho I was wondering what results people have seen with this when it comes to weight loss? Not just the endurance. Also anyone just starting out feel free to add me, we can help support each other !!!

Replies

• missbrandyp
    missbrandyp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well! It felt good. I started with a Couch to 10K but switched to this deciding I need to start at the bottom and work my way up!

Good luck!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I started Saturday and also just signed up for a 5K for June 11th to motivate me to stick with it. I began it once before but stopped during week 2 due to snow and a bad excuse of a hatred for treadmills. This time it is for real and I am going to run 5 K in two months. So I am doing it at a faster pace and I am planning on doing it at least every other day. These first three days I did three days in a row, tomorrow I will take a break before beginning week 2. I hope that this is not too fast but it will give me enough time to take one day breaks where needed and repeat days if really needed.

I will add you so we can do this together!!
  • AMBrody
    AMBrody Posts: 25
    Options
    Couch to 5k does wonders on the weight loss. Be sure to stretch afterwards so you can keep on running. Have fun with a great workout :wink:
  • Carm52
    Carm52 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on Week 2 and am doing Day 3 tomorrow. I noticed it really help me get through my plateau. I haven't ran in over 10 years, so it was a good jump start to get back into it. I love it! I have noticed that even doing level 10 on the elliptical can't compare to the training, it feels a lot easier now!

Good luck!
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I finished the C25K in December and usually run 5k 2 or 3 times per week. I haven't seen a huge difference in my weight loss compared with when I lost before (I keep having babies and keep having to lose baby weight ;) ). After my 2nd I did no exercise and now (after my 3rd) I've been running the whole time. I'm actually losing at about the same rate.. maybe even a little slower this time around. BUT, I have seen a big difference in my legs. I actually have calf muscles now!! I've heard running alone will not help you much with weight loss but it can help big time with weight MAINTENANCE. Good luck!! Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I started it in February and have one more week to go. I did repeat week 5 due to illness, so it has technically been 9 weeks and I've lost 10 lbs. I have my profile set to lose 1 lb a week, so that that's right on (I do eat back my workout cals). However my endurance is a million times what it was and my legs are so much stronger and already looking more toned. I used to run before I got pregnant and I hated being out of shape, this was the push I needed to get back into it.
  • capNramsey
    capNramsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5K back in October through a Couch to 5K class. It was great and I continued to run after. During the class I lost about ten pounds but that was when I went from no exercise at all to running. I'm about to do my third 5K this month. Signing up for races makes me continue to workout. Have fun with it!
  • EvanR
    EvanR Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm on week 7, even though I've been at it for a few weeks longer than that. I let myself drag out a couple weeks since I was struggling with them at the time.

When I started, sad to say, I was winded after just a minute of running.

Now I'm doing 25 minutes straight several times a week at a pretty reasonable pace. I'm seriously considering signing up for a 5k that's about 40 days away.

So, it works. It's hard work, but it's so very rewarding.

As far as weight loss goes, it's gone pretty well for me using C25K as the primary exercise. I mix in a couple sprint interval sessions during the week to help, though.