DESPERATELY NEED ADVICE!!

Options
mllowe2
mllowe2 Posts: 50 Member
HI all, need some advice. A couple days per week (when I am at my Zumba class from 7-8p) I am under my calorie goal, even before I add the Zumba. However, I don't get home until 8:30 and I don't want to eat a lot before bed. I eat a light snack before class. Any suggestions??

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    Eat a larger breakfast. I'm going to have to start doing that on my big workout days too. That way you're eating enough calories but you're not eating so late at night.
  • philssis
    philssis Posts: 28
    Options
    Try a greek yogurt after your class. It's light but filling. Siggi's Icelandic Skyr is really thick, not very sweet, and has some interesting flavors for 100 calories.
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    try to eat more snacks through out the day :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - I normally don't get home from my work out till 8 pm at the earliest. I have recently switched to liquids only for dinner :P So when I get home I'll have a home-made protein shake straight away and then if I am hungry around nine I have a serving of soup. Normally I make the soup on Sunday arvo and freeze it for the week to defrost on the nights I need it.

The shake plus soup is normally about 350 - 400 cals, fine for dinner, but no carbs or stodge and it keeps me full all night :) x
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm a big fan of sliced lunchmeat, myself. Don't have to deal with dishes! That and some fruits or veggies and you're good to go!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a protein shake.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    HI all, need some advice. A couple days per week (when I am at my Zumba class from 7-8p) I am under my calorie goal, even before I add the Zumba. However, I don't get home until 8:30 and I don't want to eat a lot before bed. I eat a light snack before class. Any suggestions??

So you are wondering about dinner I presume? I would suggest eating your heavier meals earlier during the day. When you come home you can eat a baby spinach or romaine salad and a greek yogurt to get your protein in. Or drink a protein shake to get the protein in instead of the yogurt but you need to put something light in your stomach so thats why I suggest a salad.