Girls at the gym...

Options
warmachinejt
warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
LIke sometimes girls stare longer than 10 secs (no joke) I even stare back at them and they are staring right in my eyes. WTH does this mean? I'm pretty sure they are all older than me lol
Also once I smiled back at a couple of girls and it was kinda akward cause they just stared at me. Like wth? I know I look really young to be kicking *kitten* in the gym but make it less obvious. To me, I have narrowed it down to me looking really young for my age and I think most people are surprised when they see me lift almost 200lbs on some exercises and over 200lbs on others.

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    They're a) checking you out, and b) wondering if you're wondering about them. lol.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's probably because you're pretty. Just enjoy it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    They want you to hit on them.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Your fly is open? I dunno... I go in the middle of the day and it's all old people. No one notices me ; )
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Your fly is open? I dunno... I go in the middle of the day and it's all old people. No one notices me ; )

LMAO! It's so funny how the type of people who are at the gym varies SO much depending on what time of day it is! When I go in the mornings, all I can find are older people!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When I am staring at a guy or guys at the gym it is because I like what I see. I go the the ellptical closest to the weights so I can check out their muscles while they are working out.
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    You sure you don't have something in your teeth? Maybe some toilet paper stuck to your shoes?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    well... let me say from experience... if you're making awkward noises and faces.... there's a great reason haha! But.. if you're not, they're probably just admiring what God gave you :-p
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    When I am staring at a guy or guys at the gym it is because I like what I see. I go the the ellptical closest to the weights so I can check out their muscles while they are working out.

HAHA. I've done that :-p Hop on the one next to the hottest guy... don't put it past us women!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I stare at people for one of two reasons.

1) They're hot. Duh.

2) They are making a weird noise (repeatedly and loudly) or doing something inappropriate at the gym (talking on a cell phone while working out, dropping their weights, not wiping down equipment, etc.).

I'm gonna go with you're the first one, lol.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    *NM*
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options

HAHA. I've done that :-p Hop on the one next to the hottest guy... don't put it past us women!

There is a guy who ALWAYS gets on the machine next to me! Every single morning!!! And, at the time I go (8:30 am is when I start), the gym is EMPTY (it's my college's gym) and is HUGE. So, I am just hoping he gets on the one next to me cause he thinks I'm hot, haha.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    They're wishing you'd take off your shirt and do a sexy walk over to them to ask for their numbers.
    They're probably also secretly hoping you're hung like Chris Brown.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself eye-humped. I would.
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    Do you make really loud annoying sounds or wear spandex? Dude..there is someone at my gym who sounds like he's gettin it on fo realz..LOL..AWKWARD. They are trying to get up your bizness.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    it has nothing to do with your age, I just looked at some of your profile pictures. I'd stare too, man you have a fantastic ripped body... congrats, take the staring as a compliment....

might I add a whistle, type when I see see a chip n' dale dancer, in the flesh lol
    look but don't touch. hihi
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    That you should second and third guess the wearing of bicycle shorts.
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    I stare at guys at the gym for lots of reasons -- I think they're good-looking, I'm interested to see how they work out (how many reps and sets they do, whether they are graceful, in what order they use machines, etc.), I'm trying to read what their shirts say, I feel like I'm dying on the elliptical and watching someone work out is a good enough distraction for a minute. I try not to make it obvious, but I'm sure I fail sometimes.

If a guy's in exceptionally good shape, like you are, I might stare because it's unusual to see and I'm wondering how long it took you, what you eat, that sort of stuff.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself eye-humped. I would.

:laugh:
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    your fanny pack. haha j/k! they are obviously cougars on the prowl.