Exercise tips

precious71701
precious71701 Posts: 105
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I am just starting out and do not want to over do it...I can only do about 15-20 of cardio but my goal is 60 min per day...Is it alright to do 15-20 and then about hour later do 15-20 min more to get to my goal...Is there a problem with starting and stopping and doing more later?

Replies

• I think as long as you are up and doing it, its a good thing... but I did see where Jillian said its better if you can do it all at once, something about you build up your metabolic rate better.. .or something like ... Im sure someone one here can explain it better!! ;o)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    nope, intermittent is just as effective ;)
  • LisaPInky
    LisaPInky Posts: 3 Member
    Do 15-20 a couple times a day if you can... after a while...make it 20-25, then 25-30... Ramp yourself up.

When logging the time... do your true time... 3 logs (times of) of 15 minutes.

Good luck... you can do it!
  • There are recent studies that say that changing your heart rate, up and down, can be more effective burning calories so you should be fine doing it intermitten like that.

Keep up the good work!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 531 Member
    get your heart rate up and do as much as you can, I started at 3mins of running and I'm now up to 20mins plus but, baby steps will get you to the top of any obstacle in time
This discussion has been closed.