Want to introduce myself

princessdrake
princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! i'm Jenn and I'm 30. January 2007 I started my weight loss journey. By July I had lost 45.5lbs! Oh I was loving it! Then vacation came and I slowed down with the workouts. Next came the holidays and then my husband's cancer diagnosis. All willpower and motivation went out the window. By spring of 2008 35 of the 45.5lbs I lost were back. So its almost like I'm starting over. My husband and I are wanting to have another child (we have a 3 year old) but I don't want to be overweight when I get pregnant the 2nd time around. I'm so glad I found this place, so far it looks easy to navigate! I look forward to meeting you all! :wink:

Replies

• princessdrake
    Hi there! i'm Jenn and I'm 30. January 2007 I started my weight loss journey. By July I had lost 45.5lbs! Oh I was loving it! Then vacation came and I slowed down with the workouts. Next came the holidays and then my husband's cancer diagnosis. All willpower and motivation went out the window. By spring of 2008 35 of the 45.5lbs I lost were back. So its almost like I'm starting over. My husband and I are wanting to have another child (we have a 3 year old) but I don't want to be overweight when I get pregnant the 2nd time around. I'm so glad I found this place, so far it looks easy to navigate! I look forward to meeting you all! :wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hey there!!! Well, that just means only 35 pounds to go instead of the full 45!! YOU CAN DO IT! What type of cancer did your hubby have? My hubby was diagnosed with cancer on the day my daughter was born....6 years ago! Wow...it seems like a different life ago.

I hope your hubby is back to feeling better. It takes a long time to ever feel or be a normal family again, so hopefully your weight support and new family lifestyle support will be found here! YOU CAN DO IT! WELCOME!

:flowerforyou:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Hi Princessdrake: I know it is hard to lose, what seems like the same pounds over again, but it's important for your health that you do, so keep charging ahead and it will come off. Good luck with the new baby in the future. Charge!:happy:
  • princessdrake
    He had testicular cancer. He's coming up in December on his 1 year mark of being cancer free so that's what we're focused on! It was always very encouraging to know that this type of cancer has one of the highest cure rates. But having to hear the "c" word knocks you off your feet no matter what type it is. My husband is doing fantastic now, thank you for asking!!
This discussion has been closed.