Hi! I'm new! I could use some friends!

Options
Hi Everyone!
I joined a couple weeks ago, but am only just starting to try to use this on a daily basis. I also recently started working with a Pilates trainer once a week, as well as a regular trainer. I'm 33, and am getting married next year (Sept. 2012) and want to really kick start my getting in shape now. I would like to lose about 20 to 25 pounds and also tone up. I also just need to start being healthier overall. I suffer from pretty severe headaches, and as a result am on daily meds. I hope to be weaned off the meds this year, and I know being healthier in general will help with that goal.
Anyway, I work best when I work with peers and can both give and receive motivation. So I thought I would introduce myself on this forum. I cannot promise that I won't slack some days and not make an entry one day, but I can promise to try to always be positive and supportive when I do. Feel free to friend me.

Thanks,
Monica

Replies

• Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi. Congrats on the upcoming wedding...and best of luck to you on the weightloss
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck!
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you upcoming marriage! I am new too. I will be your friend :)
  • 3rdcoastfit
    3rdcoastfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Lorrie7195
    Options
    Hi! I tried MFP a couple of years ago, without introducing myself and obtaining online friends. I decided to make it "Public" and it has made a tremendous difference! The friends here are dynamic, if you wish to friend me, I will try my best to be an encouragement to you as others have been to me!
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck you have choosen a great site. You can add me as a friend if you like it really helps when you can share you ups and downs with people that are going though the some of the same weight loss journeys. :smile:
  • Melissajojo3
    Options
    welcome, im new to MFP also, only been usingi t for about a week and a half and i love it... congrates on your wedding :) I myself am setting a goal to lose weight for my wedding date May 3rd 2012, I need to lose about 60 pounds.... we can motivate each other...
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!