Workouts for those that can't handle Insanity or P90X

Options
2»

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of people like the P90x and Insanity programs, but those are just not an option for me. I'm too out of shape for those, plus I have a messed up vertebrae and asthma. The intensity of those programs would be too much.

I get bored very easily with walking and I live just off a highway. I don't trust the cars speeding past enough to walk on the road. "Splat" is not a state of being I that desire to achieve.

Does anyone have suggestions for workouts? Is there a video or a website that you recommend?

I'll probably start out with some yoga and dance-style workouts for now, but I'll take suggestions on any style (fitness genre? :wink: ). I may change my mind if something else catches my interest or comes highly recommended.

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest yoga, it is a great toning workout, plus keeps your head in check. It doesn't burn a lot of calories though so I would suggest some cardio in addition. Good luck!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    P90x isn't that high of intensity. Now Insanity is however regardless of the workouts you do an their intensity you can modify the moves to make it more comfortable for you but intense at the same time. Good luck in finding a program
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Just to chime in as well. Loved Slim in 6 and 10 Minute Trainer. Power 90 is good, never tried Turbo Jam, but heard great things about it.

Hope this helps,
    Stu