Confession... some days I don't want to enter all my food...

Options
2»

Replies

• imeldac
    imeldac Posts: 1
    Options
    I think that is the point of keeping a diary. You become quite self conscious about your food choices, so after a while you would rather not eat the food rather than have to record it in the diary. It is a way of re educating your dietary habits. Just don't be too hard on yourself if you do eat something wicked and not record it , the balance will start swinging the other way soon. I find that I genuinely don't recall eating some foods, then find the evidence later and realise I have been eating out of sheer boredom and not even given the food any attention. Be alert!! It takes a long time for the reeducation to become second nature.
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love beer. I don't enter all beer. Enough said! :D

LMAO! I am always asking my husband if he entered that beer he is drinking. I think he lies! :)
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You know what?? I just was reading the posts here and there was one person who said something about seeing all those red numbers... to kind of wake you up... well, I saw something even worse!!! I went ahead and entered a weight GAIN and saw my lbs lost number go DOWN 2 lbs. You talk about a wake up!! It's not worth it. Stay true to yourself, if you want a sweet or something fattening, pre plan your day and include those items in! Do some extra exercising to work it off... you can log things in silly ways to make them fit... like .67 of an orange... or .90 of a bagel with .38 of a TBSP of cream cheese... just examples.. but it can help you be able to enjoy those flavors without binging or then starving yourself.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have to confess as well, I don't enter ALL of my food. But for me there's a different reason. When I first joined, I became obsessed with calories. I logged everything, good or bad. Problem was, as long as my number was under goal, I was happy. So what if my meals were all from McDonald's? It's all mental for me. Now I'm making smarter choices and not obsessing over everything I enter. Bottom line--you have to be honest with yourself. I didn't realize what I was doing until I looked back through my journal. Enter it. Acknowledge it. Use it as a lesson to help you make healthier choices. And ALWAYS keep your eye on the prize!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I love beer. I don't enter all beer. Enough said! :D
    Can I get an Amen!!!
  • nursemom27
    nursemom27 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started off reluctant to put in my late night snacks. But then guilt got the best of me. Now I usually don't have late night snacks. I find myself now over estimating my portion sizes when it's not convenient to measure- and that way I know I'll stay on track. That, and posting thoughout the day is helpful. If I see I'm getting near calorie goal at mid-day, I try to add in more exercise too. But I agree- this is an emotional ride we're on!
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the replies! It's comforting to know I am not the only one who struggles with logging. Thus far I have logged all my food so now I just need to work on the feelings part of the equation. So I ammgoing to take your advice and look at red as positive accountability instead of negative shame. Thanks again for all of the insightful replies!