Workout DVDs

Options
I'm thinking about getting a workout dvd because I have school until 3:30pm everyday, and dont want to wake up before 7am to workout, anddd considering my gym closes at 10pm weekdays, and 9pm on saturdays and sundays,
I think getting a dvd to lose those extra calories, tone up, workout whenever I can't make it to the gym and need to stay home, this would be great.

Soooo my question is, can you guys name any workout dvds, or dance dvds, or whatever kind of dvds that helped you personally to lose inches or lose weight?

Replies

• traceyann1214
    traceyann1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam rocks! You can get it at beachbody.com plus there's a ton of other dvd's at that site too. I also love Yoga Now accelerated.
  • joip
    joip Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've heard great reviews about Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It is a great workout and you really sweat it out. I'm still in the arly stages of the program but am loving it and it's really helping me with increasing my stamina. The first few days took longer to complete but now am taking fewer rests in between. It really works on your muscles.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    if you have Netflix, they have a TON of dvds available to stream online. you can try them all and just keep using the ones you like. plus, tons of variety, and if you come across one that's too advanced or doesn't meet your needs, you don't have to feel bad for wasting the money.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Zumba or TurboFire...the two programs that changed my life! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about them. I am actually a Team BeachBody Coach (the company that makes TurboFire), that's how much I love it :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser dvds are great! I have the Power Sculpt and the Cardio Max, both awesome! 30 Day Shred is good, but kinda short for me, so I combine it with other stuff too. Bob Harper's Inside Out Method is also a good one... great strength training! Hip Hop Abs is really fun too! Those are my faves. :) Good luck!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I've always heard great things about ChaLEAN. Never did the workouts but I watched them, good stuff.
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    if you have Netflix, they have a TON of dvds available to stream online. you can try them all and just keep using the ones you like. plus, tons of variety, and if you come across one that's too advanced or doesn't meet your needs, you don't have to feel bad for wasting the money.

unfortunately im in canada, our netflix has veryyyyyyyy little variety of things
  • jazzybean1
    jazzybean1 Posts: 113
    Options
    I've tried a few and these are the top of my list...
    turbofire with chalene, awesome, includes cardio, sculpting, core and high intensity interval training which burns more calories in 20 min than anything else out there. available through beachbody.com
    Jillian micheals six pack in 6 weeks...only 35 min but combines H.I.I.T training with core moves and at the end of 35 min you are DONE!!
    I like these ones as they encourage you to go hard and get it over with and the results are visible if you give it all you've got:) Good luck!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite one is Personal Training with Jackie Warner. It's a 40 minute power circuit training video that I LOVE!!! I tried Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred, but I would rather have road rash than listen to Jillian.... Jackie makes sense, makes me work and makes me SUPER SORE the next day, even after two months of doing it at least once per week. The video also has little 15 min isolated power burns for abs, upper, lower, etc and it comes with some pretty great diet tips and advice.
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire! Zumba! :)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    There's lots.. Insanity, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, DCC Power Bod Squad Hard Body Boot Camp, etc.
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    thankyou guys! I think i might look into getting the 30 day shred ! =)
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Micheals and Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. Also, if you have On Demand, they have awesome workouts
  • Landon06
    Landon06 Posts: 9
    Options
    Love Love Love TURBOFIRE!!!