yoga, anyone here do this?

Options
I love doing yoga, especially out of a book I got on Amazon.com two years ago called MegaYoga. Its a yoga book for people who are overweight. Some of the poses are modified, but still are just as good as the regualr poses.

I especially love doing downward facing dog. It stretches my back out great in the morning. I also like the cat and cow pose.

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do it too! I want to be an instructor some day.

Downward dog is my enemy. I am always trying to force it and I think that is my downfall. It's like the simplest but most complicated pose.

I live for child's pose and warrior poses.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I also love Yoga. I really like Lilias Yoga fitness for Beginners. She does a great job of teaching you without making you feel like a horrible out of shape failure.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yep - I love yoga too. It's not the greatest for weight loss, but definately very good for toning and flexibility. I like to mix it in with my weekly exercise regime .....
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga! I try to do it atleast 2 times a week. It helps flexablity, prevent injuries, and increase blood flow.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Yoga has pretty much taken hold of my life. It's what I spend my money on, what I do on the weekends. I started teaching five years ago, and I'm finally getting the hang of it. :wink:

There's a heavyweight yoga in my town, so there might be one in yours. Nothing can beat having a teacher. Many experienced teachers will have modifications for different body types, no matter what the style.