Everybody is different..

Options
Please can we just all remember at the end of the day everybody is DIFFERENT and what works for some may not work for others.
We all need to work best with what our body tells us more than websites and some people who seem to have swallowed a health and fitness book for breakfast(high in calories btw lol) and are bombarding with unasked for facts.

Some people eat back exercise calories some don't
Some people zig zag some dont.
Some people can eat junk and stay within goals and some cant.
Some people have special dietary needs some dont etc etc (do you see where i'm going with this?)

I personally thought that as long as i was within my allowance i could eat what i wanted (some people do and can lose weight) but i stop the evening munchies and now i'm losing weight because thats what works for me.

When we ask for advice its purely for constructive reasons and to gain knowledge that will maybe help with the journey but to be constantly berated for our choices is not right.

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yes well said..I agree
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more, some people become a little obsessive about all this and start criticising others! Compared to what we all ate before we started this journey, how we became overweight in the first place this is 1000 times better which ever way you do it.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Agreed. When someone puts their hand out for help here and someone slaps it, I get a little upset.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you're referring to a specific incident where someone was over-the-top mean (which they shouldn't) but you also have to remember that if you are asking for advice, you are going to get it from all sides. If you just want your side, to make you feel better, then don't post. Because this is a public forum and anyone can say "I disagree with what you are doing, and this is why". You WILL get both sides of any argument with this many people posting daily.

My opinions on your 4 points: You HAVE TO eat back your exercise calories if you are close to goal weight, they are optional if you have a lot to lose, but should still eat some. Zigzagging is awesome for your body/metabolism. Anyone can choose not to, but those who do it will see better long term success. Yes, you CAN eat junk and stay within calories, but your body will not be getting the nutrition it needs and you will be hungrier sooner, possibly leading to overeating later in the day. If someone has special dietary needs (medical conditions, diabeties, celiacs, dairy allergy, whatever) then they should mention that in the post if they are asking for advice that way the person giving the advice can take it into account.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    Compared to what we all ate before we started this journey, how we became overweight in the first place this is 1000 times better which ever way you do it.

That is SO true
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Agreed. When someone puts their hand out for help here and someone slaps it, I get a little upset.
    Sometimes you just want a simple answer
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Not sure if you're referring to a specific incident where someone was over-the-top mean (which they shouldn't) but you also have to remember that if you are asking for advice, you are going to get it from all sides. If you just want your side, to make you feel better, then don't post. Because this is a public forum and anyone can say "I disagree with what you are doing, and this is why". You WILL get both sides of any argument with this many people posting daily.

My opinions on your 4 points: You HAVE TO eat back your exercise calories if you are close to goal weight, they are optional if you have a lot to lose, but should still eat some. Zigzagging is awesome for your body/metabolism. Anyone can choose not to, but those who do it will see better long term success. Yes, you CAN eat junk and stay within calories, but your body will not be getting the nutrition it needs and you will be hungrier sooner, possibly leading to overeating later in the day. If someone has special dietary needs (medical conditions, diabeties, celiacs, dairy allergy, whatever) then they should mention that in the post if they are asking for advice that way the person giving the advice can take it into account.

I see you points but its nothing people dont already know but i'm saying its a persons choice whether they do those things and it may work better for them. And its a generalised statement. And the 4 points were examples of things .
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I personally thought that as long as i was within my allowance i could eat what i wanted (some people do and can lose weight) but i stop the evening munchies and now i'm losing weight because thats what works for me.

How did you manage to stop p.m. munchie attacks? I struggle with this and haven't found what will work for me yet so any ideas are appreciated!

(I work nights, get home about 12:30 and am in bed by 2. I am always ravenous when I get home (is it stress, maybe psychological, or just a habit?) and eat far too much. Then I have to go to bed on a full stomach. Bad!)

AND this should probably be a separate topic, but what I quoted above brought it up... : )
  • Terri73
    Options

How did you manage to stop p.m. munchie attacks? I struggle with this and haven't found what will work for me yet so any ideas are appreciated!

(I work nights, get home about 12:30 and am in bed by 2. I am always ravenous when I get home (is it stress, maybe psychological, or just a habit?) and eat far too much. Then I have to go to bed on a full stomach. Bad!)

Hi when the kids went to bed and i relaxed i used to just sit with crisps chocolate etc. I just dont tend to eat anything 3 hours before bed. Thing was i ate well all day then trashed it at night. I've started taking sips of water and the cravings go. Plus i'm giving up smoking so water helps with that too. (this works for me)
    Good luck on your journey xx
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    I find that a cup of milky tea in the evening helps with my munch attacks! ... at least it's not crisps! :smile:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Hi when the kids went to bed and i relaxed i used to just sit with crisps chocolate etc. I just dont tend to eat anything 3 hours before bed. Thing was i ate well all day then trashed it at night. I've started taking sips of water and the cravings go. Plus i'm giving up smoking so water helps with that too. (this works for me)
    Good luck on your journey xx

I'm also struggling with evening munchies once my daughter goes to bed, don't know if sips of water will do it for me though! But well done with giving up the habbit. Oh and I completely agree with your opening post.
  • Terri73
    Options
    I find that a cup of milky tea in the evening helps with my munch attacks! ... at least it's not crisps! :smile:

crisps are my major downfall just love em but cut them down to one pack every few days but crikey its hard lol
  • Terri73
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm also struggling with evening munchies once my daughter goes to bed, don't know if sips of water will do it for me though! But well done with giving up the habbit. Oh and I completely agree with your opening post.
    [/quote]

I did cut down first then stopped certain things completely. I think it was just boredom to be honest. Got bored i ate or smoked. I find myself tiding up just for something to do lol or i lay on the sofa with my ipod on just chilling with some tunes.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Well said Terri73!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I did cut down first then stopped certain things completely. I think it was just boredom to be honest. Got bored i ate or smoked. I find myself tiding up just for something to do lol or i lay on the sofa with my ipod on just chilling with some tunes.
    [/quote]
    I sometime want to eat loads of rubbish & i have done late evenings.
    my dh likes to munch late evenings crisps, biscuits etc which makes me think i'm hungry. Dh was going to start getting fit but i think he is feeling a bit stressed with his new job & is comfort eating. I hope he will feel less stressed soon.
  • Terri73
    Options

[/quote]
    I sometime want to eat loads of rubbish & i have done late evenings.
    my dh likes to munch late evenings crisps, biscuits etc which makes me think i'm hungry. Dh was going to start getting fit but i think he is feeling a bit stressed with his new job & is comfort eating. I hope he will feel less stressed soon.
    [/quote]

Mine does too it doesnt help much but he reckons when hes quit smoking he will start working out with me. Think i have more chance of seeing a flying pig myself.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I struggled with the evening munchies when the children went to bed. What I do is make sure that I have enough calories for a breakaway and a cup of tea for the evening. I tend to have this at about 9pm and find that knowing when the children go to bed at 8pm I have only 1 hour to wait, then I have my cuppa and breakaway and then I am in bed by 10pm. I have been doing this since I started in January and I have lost 15lb, could have been more weight but for the last 6 weeks had a foot injury where I could not exercise but still lost 1lb a week so I was happy and as I love my chocolate still get my daily fix.