30 Day Shred, who's in?!

Options

Replies

• Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Can I join this thread? I started Monday, too. My quads are really sore today. Going to hold off till this afternoon to do day 3.
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 3 completed phew! it's defiantly a killer, but worth it.

I have also completed the EA active 30 day (wii) challenge today. Very pleased of my achievement, as i've never completed a fitness challenge before.:wink:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, good luck everyone, I would love to join you, but I'll need to get the DVD first! I workout like a maniac (I do all kinds of gym classes, kettlebells, running etc.) but my weight isn't really dropping and my midriff is very Pillsbury doughboy!!! Do I need any equipment besides a mat and some space in the living room to do this? Pretty please help, all advice welcome! xx
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, good luck everyone, I would love to join you, but I'll need to get the DVD first! I workout like a maniac (I do all kinds of gym classes, kettlebells, running etc.) but my weight isn't really dropping and my midriff is very Pillsbury doughboy!!! Do I need any equipment besides a mat and some space in the living room to do this? Pretty please help, all advice welcome! xx

Just a set of handweights. I'm only on Day 2 so can't give you much advice other than that!
  • trolleydolly70
    Options

Just some dumb bells. I use 1kg and 1.5kg weights. I find that's ok for me, but you'll most probably want heaver!

Hope this helps
    T
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I it too late to join? I would like to add this to my workout regime.
  • missxena
    missxena Posts: 70
    Options
    just finished day 2 level one felt it in my legs today i sure it will get easier every day roll on day three :happy:
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I just finished up day 4 this morning! It hasnt been too bad, I started with 5 lbs instead of 3, since they just seemed too light. But I can see some exercises where I'd need 3s. lol
    I'm a little sore on my butt, thighs, and ribs.
    Level 1 isnt bad, I'm wondering when I should move up to the Level 2.
  • soon2bmrsc
    Options
    I started a week ago. Today was my first day of week 2 and it was awful!! My arms and shoulders are soooo sore!
    Is it ok if I join to get motivation to finish this thing? I'm going to Hawaii in June and I want to look good! :)
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm going at the end of May!! lol
    YOU CAN DO IT! GET THAT BEACH BODY.
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    so i tried the 30 day shred once before. did 10 day on L1 and saw no reuslts- inches or pds, stoped due to an arm tattoo.

it healed so i decided to try again but started with level 2. today is day 7
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i'm starting this evening after i put the munchkins to bed. ;)

i don't have very long until my husband is home on R&R (he's currently overseas) so i need to get cracking! i've just been so unmotivated lately. i actually lost 15lbs as soon as he left and i have gained most of it back with the start of my new birth control. bleh. so time to take control today! someone please keep me motivated... LOL
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down! Wow, doing pushups was hard today.... Yesterday obviously did something!!

28 days to go.......
    [for me!]

WE CAN DO IT!

~ And welcome to all those who just joined us!!! Happy to have you all onboard :happy:

(PS. Don't forget to take measurements and weight at the beginning of this, so you can be oh so proud when you see the results at 30 days!!)
  • soon2bmrsc
    Options
    I did it!!! I made myself get up at 4:30 this morning and I did the shred! WOOP!
    Now I've just got to keep this going!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    3 days done - those push ups are a killer. I can only do the modified ones and they're still so hard. Well I'm 10% of the way through!
  • CharmingCherry
    Options
    Me and the OH started it yesterday. My stomach hurts this morning due to ab exercises but I didn't get very sweaty or find it too difficult (I think this is because I'm used to running and a fair amount of aerobic activity). I find the push ups very difficult though after the first few. The OH doesn't exercise at all and he found it very difficult. We both feel better this morning so can't wait to carry on with it.
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today is day 4 for me. I was really really sore yesterday. Had a hard time with the squats and lunges. But this morning I feel much better. Hoping I will get through easier today.
  • trolleydolly70
    Options
    Day 4 L1 - Still hard work. 222 kcal burned, so an improvement on yesterday :happy: . Also I managed to use my 1.5kg weights throughout today's workout, fab!!

Roll on day 5 ......
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well I started I ended up starting the shred this morning. I made it thru day 1 with some breaks but hey I did it.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    G'Mornin Abbie and the Shredders!

Today will be Day 5 (Lev 1) for me and I am loving it! I am using 5 pd weights and doing fine with them.
    Those freakin' pushups are even getting easier.

I was down 1.5pds this morning but made a LOT of changes this week in addition to the Shred so could be a combination of everything~ meanwhile, YAY for the scale FINALLY moving!!

Does anyone else think the 20-25 minutes is going faster??

Shred on my friends!