hi everyone..new here!

deanne525
deanne525 Posts: 69 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone..im not new to myfitnesspal, but am new to the message boards. Here's a quick introduction.

My name is Deanne. Im 37 and live in upstate Ny with my husband and our 2 girls....who are soon to be 13 and 14 years old.

Last summer i changed my diet and started consistently exercising. Running a 5k has always been a goal of mine, yet something I felt was totally impossible for me. I started the couch to 5k program and since completing it, i have run 6 5ks and a 4 mile race. I am working on improving my times now. Since starting i have lost approx 30lbs, but seem to be at a major plateau right now. Despite exercising and eating right, i havent lost any weight since December. I am going back and forth with the same 5lbs. I can feel myself getting frustrated. I am hoping by posting on the boards here the i can get my motivation back up and hopefully start seeing some changes soon.

Thanks for reading !
Deanne

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Welcome to the boards. I only started here in March of this year. Everyone here is to support eachother, and thats what its all about. I'm in PA and we have 3 little boys 4 and under.

That is great you've run so much!! Im only starting to get to a jog. I've never been a runner, but would like to try a 5k someday. You have many accomplishes to be proud of.

For the plateau, have you changed up your exercise program? Eat a few different foods? Just trying to think of things that may help you bust through it.
  • chrymo
    chrymo Posts: 17
    Wow that's good that you reached your goals and lost that many weight. We all go through some kind of plateau, especially if we maintain the same calorie intake from our old weight. Maybe its time for you to update your diet so that your metabolism will kick back up and you can lose more weight...
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    hi deanne, welcome:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.