100 PushUp Challenge Week 3

Options

Replies

• Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm joining right now and going do my pushups. Wish me luck. Woo-hoo!!!!

Welcome to you Janetbr...always looking for more MFP members to share the burn. :tongue:

The best part is though...we can share in the success together too!! :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    This is fun!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Like I said earlier...I am behind. So, just did Week 2 Day 3.

Thursday I will start Week 3 Day 1.

Good luck everyone!!!:flowerforyou:
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Totally just started this on Week 1 - just did 18 freaking pushups in one day - I'm AMAZED at myself and it's only day 2!!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    That's fabulous! I'm following in your footsteps...I'm just behind you a few weeks!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Doing Day 2 of Week 2. I am pretty sure I am going to have to do this week again. I looked at week 3 and I seriously doubt I can do 15, 12, 12, 10 and 15 full push ups! I am struggling to do todays. Oh well. I am sticking with it and I can tell a difference. Alright, gotta get my last 5 or more in! My arms burn! See you Friday!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Today for me is supposed to be Week 3 - Day 2 of the challenge.

I am listening to me body :ohwell: 'cause it is telling me to push off Day 2 until tomorrow because of my do-over of week 3 - Day 1 yesterday. I know I will get in all 3 days before the end of the week.

Reaction:

I am finding tremendous satisfaction knowing that I am accomplishing something I could never do before and facing my greatest weakness. I just wanted to point out that I didn't expect this but not only am I gaining more than strength...I am really gaining confidence!! (Who woulda thunk!!!) :tongue:

How is your personal push up progress affecting my fellow PUPs (Push Up People)? I'm listening.

If you are reading this post and curious about this thread...you can join us by checking out
    www.hundredpushups.com and then post your progress here under our thread 100 Pushup Challenge. It is NEVER too late to start...only to NEVER start :tongue: !!

I will check your posts later on even though I won't do Day 2 til tomorrow.

Power to the PUPS!! :heart:

~Mi
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Greetings Pups! Like Lavender, I am enjoying this so very much! Everyone is making great progress!

I'm still doing week 1, day 1 until I can do the correct form pushups...this is just the way I want it to work it...I know it is OK to modify but full on is my style...yesterday I could not complete 1 correct form pushup...today I was able to:

1 - 1
    2 - 2
    3 - 1
    4 - 1
    5 - 1

So you can see I have a ways to go but with the progress I'm seeing already, I may be able to carry on to week 2 in a couple more weeks.

Also, I found more power when I use Yoga breathing technique...after the sets I use Yoga to stretch and set intentions...then I dance with my arms a little bit!

Thanks Everyone!
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    day 2 - week 3

12 (supposed to be 25, could do no more though. looks like a do over on friday and the day 3 attempt on sunday)
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OK, I am still doing modified (knee) pushups for at least the first week - maybe I will repeat week 1 with good form pushups if I get through this week.

Week 1 - Day 2 - middle column:

Way to go, everybody! This is exciting. :drinker:
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see people are still working on this! I came down with a cold late last week which really knocked me down for the count. I picked up again yesterday but I re-did week 1 day 2 since I feel I lost some momentum:

Hopefully I'll hit the targets on Friday and finally move on to week two!!
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Alrighty I am gonna join in today. I have been having some shoulder pain so I am going to take it a little easy and not blow it out. I cant wait to feel like my arms are getting stronger-
    You guys are great motivators! I loved reading all the posts.
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I''m dying here:tongue: Week 3 Day 1 WOW!!!! I can hardly type-my fingers feel jittery!
    14...supposed to do min. of 20--couldn't do it:cry:

77 regular form push ups total--haven't done that in years:happy: :happy: :happy:
    I can tell I am gonna be terrible sore!! I might have to bump down to level 1 column.
  • jfblue13
    Options
    Hello,
    I was just wondering where I can find the original msg with the challenge "plan"?
    Thanks, Jennifer
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Jennifer, the challenge comes from hundredpushups.com You can go right to their website and view the whole program there.

Good luck!!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Jen...read on for the link to the original challenge:

If you are reading this post and curious about this thread...you can join us by checking out
    www.hundredpushups.com and then post your progress here under our thread 100 Pushup Challenge. It is NEVER too late to start...only to NEVER start :tongue: !!

~Mi
    [/quote]
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Thanks Michael for filling Jen in.

Aren't you the PUP that got this whole PUP Party :drinker: started?

I know Kirsten...is kinda the moderator..but didn't you find the linK?

~Mi
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    This is soooooo crazy PUPs...I cannot believe it.... I did Week 3- Day 2 and

71 Pushups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...they are modified (on my knees) but still that is soooooooo crazy wonderful for me!!
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Even if set 5...max of at least 15 almost did me in!!! :tongue:
    It is hard to believe:noway: that in such a short time with this plan...100 can be done (soon)!! :wink:

What is going on with the rest of you PUPs? Love to know you are burning too:heart:

Power to the Pups!!!

~Mi
  • FatDancer
    Options
    That's Fab Lavender!

Today is rest day for me...I'll check in after tomorrow...I'm amazed at how fast everyone is progressing!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Doing Week 2 Day 3 today-full push ups. I am going to have to do week 2 over again. I am doing them all but I am really struggling. So next Monday I will start it again! Keep up the good work guys!