Daily Sugar Intake

Options
My "goal" is no more then 28 grams...that seems awfully low since 1 banana has 21 grams of sugar! i can't even eat a banana???

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Many do not use fruit sugars as an absolute measurement. If you are eating whole fruit vs juice the benefits outweigh the natural sugars. Calculate based on processed sugar sources
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Many do not use fruit sugars as an absolute measurement. If you are eating whole fruit vs juice the benefits outweigh the natural sugars. Calculate based on processed sugar sources

Thanks for posting that, because it has been a concern of mine. I tend to be over on my sugar, but I eat a lot of fruit. I wish there was a way to separate them.

M
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • alanzo87
    alanzo87 Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    for instance, i have my breakfast, lunch and snack recorded so far today...i have NO processed foods, but i'm WAY over my sugar already due to eating banana, blueberries and red and yellow peppers! i don't think those are bad choices, MFP!
  • IslanderLily
    IslanderLily Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've had the same concerns...bump
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    In order for my weight loss to be a success, I stay below 30, no matter what! Now, once I reach goal, I will start to add in fruit, but for now, I shy away.
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this too because I eat a lot of fruit. I googled it, and found that 40g per day of "added" sugar is okay for non-diabetics.
    Also, what I found online (clearly not perfectly reliable) is not to include sugars from fruit, like your banana. When eating sugar from fruit, I read its okay not to exceed 100g. (again not a professional, so feel free to correct me if anybody knows otherwise!)

Heres the link:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_grams_of_sugar_are_appropriate_per_day_for_the_average_adult