High Fat low Carb foods

Options
13»

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Higher fat foods have higher cals compared to carbs, proteins. 9 cals per gram of fat 4 per each pro/carb

This. I was going to say "High fat, low cal foods? Those don't exist... They can't exist."

Of course. But the OP wasn't looking for low calorie fats.

It kinda does sound like she's looking for low calorie fat
    I cant seem to find many high fat foods that also have low calories.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Olives, olive oil, avocado, string cheese
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jacmarmac
    jacmarmac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, butter (Kerrygold is amazeballs), olive oil. Try putting heavy whipping cream, butter, and coconut oil in your morning coffee or tea. Lately I've been loving Tazo chai tea with 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, and 4 drops of Ez Sweetz liquid sweetener blended together. Delicious and keeps me full all day!
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    almonds, parmesan, milk, olive oil :D
  • regina111111
    Options
    Sweet or Salty snacks - Low Carb, High Fat

Believe it or not, while they might not be the best choice, Pork Skins/Pork Rinds, provide 9g Protein, no carbs and 5g of fat per serving with 4 servings in a 2 oz bag. For a sweet treat, heavy cream, almond milk (I use unsweetened), vanilla, 1 packet of stevia and some ice in a blender. I have also, made this is with decaf coffee or unsweetened chocolate. I have found a little of either from time to time helps to beat the cravings while sticking with the keto goals.
  • denisehill2680
    Options
    I am a vegetarian on a low carb diet. I also exercise so the only way I have found to manage my energy level is eating more fat. I eat almonds and a little dairy, but not enough to get enough fat in. I now eat fat bombs and they have helped so much, and they have accelerated my fat loss. The one I had today is coconut oil, ghee, cream cheese, lemon juice, and easy sweetz. Fat bombs are great and some people swear by bulletproof coffee.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I am only getting about 20-25 grams of fat a day. I need more to balance out my diet

That's pretty low, I'd try to at least double it (for joint health, brain function, hormone production etc). Problem is you won't find any high fat low cal foods - you just need to make allowances for those calories.

Bacon
    Eggs
    Cheese
    Peanut butter
    Hummus
    Olive/coconut/flax oil etc
    Butter
    Cream
    Oily fish

All the good stuff :) I also have 5 omega 3 capsules a dat which helps.