Changed my username

petunia
petunia Posts: 336 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Used to be lroush999, but that was just boring... :tongue:

I didn't realize how much I would end up using the 'Community' side of things when I joined (back in June). I was originally using the site just to track my calories, but I've been amazed at the amount of information that is here and you have to love the support!!

So anyway, I changed my name to petunia, because that's what my dear old Grandpa called me... He passed away last year, so this is one way for me to remember him and all of the good times!

Good luck to everyone this week... may we all be lighter by this time next week! :wink:

Replies

• petunia
    Used to be lroush999, but that was just boring... :tongue:

I didn't realize how much I would end up using the 'Community' side of things when I joined (back in June). I was originally using the site just to track my calories, but I've been amazed at the amount of information that is here and you have to love the support!!

So anyway, I changed my name to petunia, because that's what my dear old Grandpa called me... He passed away last year, so this is one way for me to remember him and all of the good times!

Good luck to everyone this week... may we all be lighter by this time next week! :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    :heart: the new name!
  • petunia
    :heart: the new name!

Thanks! Me too! :bigsmile:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    I know what you mean about being surprised at how much you use the Community side of things. At first when I joined in March, I strictly used the site to log exercise and calories and it was great. Then occasionally one of the recent post titles would catch my attention because I could relate to it so I started reading them. Then at some point I decided to respond. I joined the runner's club here and they've given me a lot of encouragement and support. So it surprised me too, because I wasn't really thinking of joining this for the support, but it turns out it is one of the most helpful parts, especially as you start to plateau and get frustrated.

Good luck on your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • petunia
    I know what you mean about being surprised at how much you use the Community side of things. At first when I joined in March, I strictly used the site to log exercise and calories and it was great. Then occasionally one of the recent post titles would catch my attention because I could relate to it so I started reading them. Then at some point I decided to respond. I joined the runner's club here and they've given me a lot of encouragement and support. So it surprised me too, because I wasn't really thinking of joining this for the support, but it turns out it is one of the most helpful parts, especially as you start to plateau and get frustrated.

Good luck on your journey.:flowerforyou:

This is exactly what happened to me... I just started to notice some threads here and there and before I knew it I jumped in with both feet!

I didn't realize how much 'work' there was to losing weight.. that might sound kinda funny, b/c I know it's hard (Lord knows I've tried everything there is)... but I thought if I just ate less calories than I needed, I'd lose weight... (that's what "THEY" are always saying, right)

low and behold, it isn't that easy... I've got a lot of tips from posts from banks and others about eating exercise calories, etc... I even bought a HRM (and I swear I'm getting addicted to the darn thing)... I worried I'll get addicted to this site! :laugh:

Thanks for the well wishes, looks like you've nearly met your goal.. I hope that soon I will be able to say the same thing!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Like the new name!

I am surprised at the support as well. Really keeps me going! And it's great to see the successes that are abound on this site - really encouraging (and I agree - particularly when plateauing!).
  • petunia
    Like the new name!

Thanks! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.