Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers and Spinach

ASkinnyGirlInside
ASkinnyGirlInside Posts: 17
edited September 26 in Recipes
Oooohhh... yummy.

Not Popeye's spinach! This meal is like a delicious Italian pasta dish- but without the pasta. And, believe me, its so good that you don't miss the pasta at all! And, the hubby thinks this is the best thing I've ever cooked (nevermind that he says that every time). At just about 308 calories per serving, I give this two thumbs up!

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Fresh Garlic, chopped (to taste- I love a lot of garlic and think I used 4 large cloves)
1 tsp of margarine
1 tsp olive oil
1 Bag of fresh Spinach, chopped
1 Cup of Sweet Roasted Red Peppers, cut into strips
Formaggio Fresh Mozzarella ("In Our Special Marinade")

Heat chopped garlic cloves in 1 tsp of olive oil until brown. Clean and cut chicken breast into strips (or chunks if you like) and add to garlic. Saute until brown.

While chicken is cooking, heat 1 tsp of margarine in another pan. Add chopped spinach and roasted red peppers. (*Note: You can just wait until chicken is cooked through and throw in spinach and peppers into same pan. I didn't have the patience and wanted to speed up cook time)

Once chicken is cooked through mix in spinach, roasted red peppers and mozzarella. And, viola. Delicious-ness.

You could also add in fresh basil. I didn't have any but I am sure that would be yummy!

Check out picture with recipe at my blog here:

http://askinnygirlinside.blog.com/2011/04/12/thumbs-up-recipe-chicken-with-roasted-red-peppers-and-spinach/

Replies

This discussion has been closed.