Can I really do this?

Toady
Toady Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I find myself wanting to stick to a reasonable diet....but can I really do it. I find myself on the go.. ALL THE TIME.. and it is hard to stay within my calorie count. I only have a small amount of weight to lose, yet I find it so difficult. I am lucky that I have the support of friends who are also on MFP, but I keep asking myself... Can I really do this???????????

Replies

• Toady
    Toady Posts: 2
    I find myself wanting to stick to a reasonable diet....but can I really do it. I find myself on the go.. ALL THE TIME.. and it is hard to stay within my calorie count. I only have a small amount of weight to lose, yet I find it so difficult. I am lucky that I have the support of friends who are also on MFP, but I keep asking myself... Can I really do this???????????
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT:flowerforyou:
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    YOU BET YOU CAN! :bigsmile:
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    I think if your not doing some sort of workout you are missing out, try to get pass asking yourself if you can get through. look a head what are you going to look like you once you have reached your goal you'll be able to look back with pride.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Of course you can do this....
    Whether you have a lot of weight or just a little....everyone struggles and questions their will power/motivation.

The key is figuring out why you are doing it and if it's YOU who's really wanting to make the commitment and the accountability for it.
    Maybe don't jump into it full tilt, make a few slight changes and work your way up. That's what I did...I've been on here since may but didn't focus so much on the loss at first as I did of making it a habit and learning that every bite needs to be recorded and I have to take responsibility for it.

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I used to always thing...."Oh I am visiting/living/eating out at....so I can't help what I am consuming." Well, who's job is it??? That'd be mine.... I just wasn't willing to accept that I could get a satisfying meal, eat in sane portions, etc. So, I started changing my mental attitude first, then the weight loss came.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    YEP, you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    With a healthy possitive attitude, you can do it!!!

It is like standing in front of two doors...the left one with a sign reading, "Old Habits." The door on the right has a sign which reads, "The New Me." Which do you choose?

HeathyChange.jpg
This discussion has been closed.