Maybe the scale is wrong :(

Options
I am beginning to think that maybe my scale is wrong. NO ONE has said anything about my weight loss, no co workers, no friends, no boyfriend. I thought that 18lbs was big enough to tell but maybe not?? How long did it take before people started noticing your weight loss???

Replies

• new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No one has said a word about mine either :(
    Are you measuring with a tape because the scale can be wrong and inches can't really be wrong.
    Maybe people just don't want to insult us by telling us we look like we have lost weight meaning we needed to lose it in the first place until they see we are down A LOT and know it won't be back so they don't have to feel like jerks?
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    25 lbs.... So basically I have been going at this since December and people just started noticeing last week! Keep up to good work! People will notice!
  • hotcouponmama
    Options
    Oh that stinks! I think when you're as big as we are that you have to lose 30lbs + to really have anyone notice. Also, if you're wearing big baggy clothes it's hard to tell. Keep it up!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Are you wearing the same clothes??? When you wear baggy clothes you actually look bigger....maybe buy a new pair of jeans and they will notice. Have faith!!!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    no one has said anything about mine either, but that's what pushes me to lose and hope that people start to notice soon!
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yea I just saw your pics and I can tell!! You look great! Make sure to buy new sizes as you need them and perhaps more people will be able to tell.
  • sonoransweetheart
    Options
    My hubby didn't notice mine either (which upset me as well). On the other hand he sees me every day so its harder to see. My girlfriend who I see every few weeks def noticed though and that made me feel a lot better :)
  • priyakaja
    Options
    18lbs and dint notice.Try to change u r attire or wear a tight fit dress n people will notice.what does u r family say?
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The scale is not wrong. Keep in mind the more you have to lose the longer it will take people to notice. 18 pounds is certainly significant but at your starting weight it is 7% of your total body weight. The smaller you are the more noticeable it becomes since it is a larger percentage of your body weight.. I'm normal BMI currently at 144 but started around 159 for a 15 pound loss but that is 9% of my starting weight and people that I haven't seen for awhile notice it. Also keep in mind that if people see you every day it occurs gradually and it may not hit them for awhile that there is something different until it is more dramatic. Good job on the loss. Keep at it and people will defintiely notice.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard... I have lost a few pds but my family notices it the most. I don't care who doesn't notice. I love the way my clothes fit and that's enough for me. Besides by summer, if I keep up with the good eating habits, my clothes will tell the story. keep going anyway, irregardless! You're doing this for you, right?
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27lbs and people who havent seen me in awhile will say something...but people who see me all the time haven't really said anything...My husband finally said something not to long ago when he realized I was wearing a piar of shorts that I shouldnt have last summer, this year they actually fit and arent tight. I know I see the difference, in my clothes and being able to wear clothes that I grew out of before! Plus I physically just feel better all around...I dont let that I am not getting all the comments discourage me, I know that this is what I want and what I am going to do. Keep up your good work!! Your doing AMAZING!!
  • christinar2008
    christinar2008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband lost 25 lbs before I could see a huge difference. He has lost 35 lbs now and looks like a totally different person. Give it time.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Dear most important that YOU notice yourself. WTG!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 and no one has said anything to me yet.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I was at 17 lbs and still no one said anything. But I was still wearing the same size pants. Last week I tried on a pair of jeans that were a size smaller. They fit (even a little baggy) and everyone at work sayed Have you lost weight?? You look great. It felt so good. I think even though I was losing, because I was still wearing the same clothes (they were just baggy) No one could really see the loss. :)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    u look great anyway keep up the gd work:flowerforyou:
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    At 12 pounds people noticed with me. I think its all in your body type before you lost weight and as you lose weight...
  • RPNKA
    RPNKA Posts: 28
    Options
    No the scale isnt wrong...It took me losing like 20 lb for people to notice. And still some of my co-workers and friends have not said anything to me. Hold strong !
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You are right!! I feel better and my clothes are fitting better and that's all that matters!! Thanks for all of you thoughts and comments!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    When I lost my weight, it wasn't until I had lost about 30 pounds that anyone noticed.....and then because I bought some jeans that actually fit me :wink:
    Remember that you are doing this for YOU.......the time will come when others notice!
    Kaye