Starting Over in TX

Options
My name is Erika, I'm 24, married living in Duncanville, TX, and I'm a college student at UTA (I want to teach middle school math/science). Last year, my hubby and I joined a gym and changed our eating habits. I lost 35lbs (he lost 95) and then I fell off the wagon. I gained back 15 of those pounds from August 2010 to February 2011. In Feb, I went got some blood work done at the doctor and found out that my cholesterol was so high I was at double the risk of heart disease. That was scary! I started cutting my portions, making healthier choices and went back to the gym(LA Fitness on 67). I lost the 15lbs I gained and am now at an even lower weight than before!
I want to lose weight to be healthy. I want to be healthy when I finish school and start my family. I don't want to be the FAT teacher. And I want to get rid or, or at least get under control, my diabetes. What I am looking for, from joining this site, is support and encouragement.

Replies

• oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome, you are in the right place. This site will provide great support and motivation to help you alon the way. You will meet some truely amazing people here that have accomplished awsome feats, and some on their way. Hope you accomplish all your goals.
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    You can do it! I know the dangers of living in Texas...tortillas and big red, lol Just stay away from anything with a drive-thru attached.
  • lady_daraine
    Options
    Hey - I live in Dallas and I teach for Dallas ISD - nice to "meet" you! I do 6th grade at an elementary campus - bilingual/ESL reading. What subject are you going for?
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!