H2O

Options
I am having a hard time drinking my water today.
I carry a 64 oz water bottle with me everyday
21CB8Hq9gKL._AA280_.jpg

By now, I would usually be half way through it. Not today. I haven't even gotten 8 oz into it. It is making me sick to think about drinking all of it today. :sick:
Could I be burned out on water? I surely hope not!

Also, I have been curious about something for a long time now. I exercise in the evening after work. I usually still have water in my large water bottle at this point and hydrate during my exercise from that original 64 oz. So my question is, should I be drinking the 64 oz before hitting the gym and then stay hydrated with additional water?

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time drinking my water today.
    I carry a 64 oz water bottle with me everyday
    21CB8Hq9gKL._AA280_.jpg

By now, I would usually be half way through it. Not today. I haven't even gotten 8 oz into it. It is making me sick to think about drinking all of it today. :sick:
    Could I be burned out on water? I surely hope not!

Also, I have been curious about something for a long time now. I exercise in the evening after work. I usually still have water in my large water bottle at this point and hydrate during my exercise from that original 64 oz. So my question is, should I be drinking the 64 oz before hitting the gym and then stay hydrated with additional water?
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well I would think you need the 64 oz by the time you hit the gym and then continue to hydrate while exercising. I usually drink about 100 oz a day sometimes more. I have a 16.9 oz bottle that I fill at least six times before 5:00. I know some people have a hard time drinking all the water, maybe had some crystal light or lemon to flavor it up.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge drinker....I just don't feel the urge to drink, so I have to force the issue or I have issues.

I use decaffinated green tea, sometimes crystal light (wary though lots of stuff in those tiny packets), lemon/lime juice and I bought a HUGE mug (that i've only used once) for really cold water ...cause I like drinks icy cold.

I've done that to trick myself into drinking....not as good as regular I suppose but it helps me.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was doing good by drinking the 64 oz! :laugh: :laugh:
    100, that is amazing!!
    I might have to try something to kick it up a notch today. I usually don't have a problem and I don't drink anything else other than water, so I don't know why today is such a problem.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Maybe this is my problem...
    funny-pictures-dangerous-cat-bottled-water-news.jpg
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah that looks scary, that could be the problem. Besides, beer, wine and coffee -- water is about all I drink, I find it is the only thing that REALLY quenches my thirst. Maybe all that water is overrated. I did recently read that if you are thirsty drink water if not don't worry about it.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am usually pretty good about drinking my water but there are days where I am like and just can't stand the site of it. I sometimes think I am over hydrated and my body wants to take a break. So on those days I don't drink water ( I generally don't drink alot of anything on those days) and then I start up the next day. It goes back to normal so I don't worry about it.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I must be having one of my already hydrated days. Here it is almost 4 o'clock...and I haven't even gotten half way through...ughhh.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    I've posted on this before and I really don't mean to be gross or anything but, for me, a good gage of whether or not I am adequately hydrated is the color of urine: it should be clear to a tint of yellow when you are adequately hydrated. Sometimes, I think, our body gives us signals as to whether or not we are doing okay re: thirst based on what the whole balance looks like.

That said, I sometimes have to force the water issue, too. I use club soda with lime or a little diluted lemonade to change it up a bit.

Good luck!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Yea you should for sure be drinking your 64oz before you hit the gym..and then continue to hydrate while you work out. If you work out for longer than 90 minutes, grab a gatorade G2(the new low calorie sports drink from gatorade) to replenish electrolytes and nutrients in your body youre burning during a long workout. And actually unless you have a limiting medical condition.. you should try and drink a minimum of half your body weight in ounces of water per day to keep you hydrated-technically! (Example: Im 229lbs, so to keep me hydrated I should be drinking approx. 115oz of water a day) Then while you are at the gym just add more fluids to balance out for fluids lost through exertion. I find it hard to drink alot of water if I use the small water bottles- 16.9oz and such- so I buy a couple of the 1-liter bottles (aquafina, evian, dasani has them at most gas stations/grocery stores) and keep 1 with me during the day and refill it as needed..each one is just about 34 oz!

To help with getting the water down, lemon wedges work real well for me when I dont feel like drinking plain water- as well as limes. I also use the packets of special k protein water mix, as well as all bran's fiber water mix. I mix them in my big liter bottles bc IMO those mixes are way too strong when used in the small bottles(16.9/20oz). I like crystal light mixed OKAY but they are too sweet for me even as diluted as I make them and they also act as a diuretic in my system so I have to run to the restroom every 5 minutes!!

I hope any of this advice helps :flowerforyou:

Katy

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter