Interesting tips about sugar!

Options
Top Ten Sugar Suggestions

Here's how to control your sugar cravings, reduce your intake of sugar and lose some unwanted pounds in the process:

1. Increase your consumption of vegetables and fruit and other whole foods to help you regulate your sugar cravings. A well-balanced diet coupled with exercise are always key in regulating your metabolism and appetite

2. Eliminate refined and artificial sweeteners from your diet completely

3. Quit soft drinks altogether (a 12-ounce drink contains 10 to 16 teaspoons of sugar depending on the brand. Each teaspoonful is about 20 calories)

4. Make your own desserts from scratch using wholesome organic, lower fat, natural and whole grain ingredients to reduce fat and sugar intake

5. For cooking recipes that call for sugar use healthier sugar alternatives including fresh fruit juice, fruit puree, dried fruit, molasses, sucanat, rapadura and stevia

6. Clean up your kitchen by discarding any foods made containing highly processed ingredients such as refined sugar and corn syrup.

7. Teach your body to live without hardcore sweets by eating desserts less frequently and in lower amounts.

8. Find healthier dessert substitutes like fresh fruit, frozen fruit and real fruit smoothies, low fat breads, low fat pastries with no creams or frosting, etc.

9. Avoid packaged, convenience, fast food as they’re loaded with refined sugar, corn syrup and white flour

10. Read food labels carefully for hints on total sugar content

To read more: http://www.vegetarianorganiclife.com/21.htm

Replies

• maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks for writing this. I am trying to cut down on my sugar intake, but I am finding that a lot of fruits have high amounts of sugar in them. I had a banana this morning and was shocked at the amount of sugar in it. How can I cut back on my sugar intake when all the healthy fruits I like contain high amounts of sugar? Suggestions and/or comments welcome.