Having a hard time with food

Options
I mean, a REALLY hard time. I just can't seem to stop eating. Ever since I quick smoking I've really been battling it and maybe is because I used to be able to let myself have cheat days once a week and was still able to keep myself on track but now as soon as I have my cheat day, I'm all off track for the rest of the week.

I think I need to stop the cheat days as sad as that makes me.

I'm just getting to the point where I just don't know if I can do it. I'm gonna keep trying but something is missing.

When I started this it was like... You couldn't TEAR me away from the gym. You couldn't force feed me crappy food but now it's like "eh." I've gained back alot of the weight that I lost and I just don't know what to do with myself.

I feel like giving up but I don't want to.

It's almost like I have that dream of being thin but it just seems so unattainable. :sad:

Help! :huh:

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I mean, a REALLY hard time. I just can't seem to stop eating. Ever since I quick smoking I've really been battling it and maybe is because I used to be able to let myself have cheat days once a week and was still able to keep myself on track but now as soon as I have my cheat day, I'm all off track for the rest of the week.

I think I need to stop the cheat days as sad as that makes me.

I'm just getting to the point where I just don't know if I can do it. I'm gonna keep trying but something is missing.

When I started this it was like... You couldn't TEAR me away from the gym. You couldn't force feed me crappy food but now it's like "eh." I've gained back alot of the weight that I lost and I just don't know what to do with myself.

I feel like giving up but I don't want to.

It's almost like I have that dream of being thin but it just seems so unattainable. :sad:

Help! :huh:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Never give up on yourself. Just take it one meal at a time. Maybe try tracking before you eat so you can have more control.

My prayers go with you.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I can 100% identify with this! I have always been overweight.... never wanted to have to limit myself on food... I just loved food and ate whatever I wanted.

Finally, with only 6mo until my wedding I decided to get down to it. I work out 5 days each week. I NEVER go over my calories... sometimes have to struggle not to have some left over! Last month I lost 8lbs in pure body fat... 3lbs in total body weight.

My suggestion is this.. give yourself 2 whole months with NO cheat days. Let yourself have a few cookies.. or a small ice cream cone.... once or twice a week. You need to re-train your body with food. Plan your meals ahead. I try to ALWAYS track my food in myfitness pal in the morning and plan the whole days snacks etc for an entire day. Track EVERYTHING.. including beverages the best you can. Get through 2 whole months... then slowly... give yourself a cheat MEAL. I feel that getting an entire cheat day throws me off track completely (after finding out I lost 8lbs this month I had an entire cheat weekend and let me tell you... i'm regretting that today... the guilt is setting in)

The most amazing thing will happen... you will unintentionally just naturally eat right. I went to golden corral last week and ate what I wanted to eat... and still stayed under my calories (although i also worked off 400cal earlier that day at the gym.

I hope this helps... NEVER GIVE UP! You can do it!!

63578.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on ceasing to smoke! That is wonderful! I'll bet your lungs are thanking you. :wink:

Take a deep breath and realize that this is a day by day journey. Look up recipes and look for foods that are filling and low calorie, or at least within your dietary limits.

If you can, exercise exercise exercise! You can eat all the calories you burn, which is sadly my motivation behind working out so hard! :laugh: "Oh look, 300 more calories for dinner!"

You can do this. Log everything. Count those calories. Try, try again. You can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Oh, I am so with you! Eating almost seems to be my enemy. Of course, getting off my rump and moving wouldn't be bad either. Don't give up! Just strive to do better!:wink: