slightly OT

Options
i'm going to maccas friday night after finishing a 5-6 hour shift of cleaning at work:ohwell:
yep the big yellow M in the sky, ronald mcdonald, the playground equipment to boot:indifferent:

theres a 24hour maccas on route home from work and me and my friend Kim have been talking about going there for a while now just for the hell of it (we're weird we know this:bigsmile: )
we finally settled on going there this friday night because a) we can afford it - we get paid thrusday b) we wont finish until about 3 in the morning because Kim is starting really late compared to usual c) i would have just done six hours of cleaning and d) we'll both be starving by that time

and i for some strange reason dont feel its right without telling yous and getting your opinions
i mean six hours of cleaning (which has a LOT of walking involved) i would have burnt enough to earn it
but it just still doesnt feel right going there even though i want to because i know it would be fun with my friend

*sorry i'm blabbing its 2:30am

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i'm going to maccas friday night after finishing a 5-6 hour shift of cleaning at work:ohwell:
    yep the big yellow M in the sky, ronald mcdonald, the playground equipment to boot:indifferent:

theres a 24hour maccas on route home from work and me and my friend Kim have been talking about going there for a while now just for the hell of it (we're weird we know this:bigsmile: )
    we finally settled on going there this friday night because a) we can afford it - we get paid thrusday b) we wont finish until about 3 in the morning because Kim is starting really late compared to usual c) i would have just done six hours of cleaning and d) we'll both be starving by that time

and i for some strange reason dont feel its right without telling yous and getting your opinions
    i mean six hours of cleaning (which has a LOT of walking involved) i would have burnt enough to earn it
    but it just still doesnt feel right going there even though i want to because i know it would be fun with my friend

*sorry i'm blabbing its 2:30am
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Is maccas the Aussie way of saying McDonald's?! You crack me up! I say go for it, girl.
    and for goodness sake...go to bed! LOL:heart:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    Is maccas the Aussie way of saying McDonald's?! You crack me up! I say go for it, girl.

you dont call it maccas in the states?:huh:

we're lazy, us aussies with our language, we shorten everything and i mean EVERYTHING
    if there was a way to shorten "I" we would:laugh:

as for the bed, i'm heading there right now:bigsmile:

good night peeps!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

we're lazy, us aussies with our language, we shorten everything and i mean EVERYTHING

good night peeps!

haha I call it Mickey D's! I think that's what some people here in the states call it! Can't say that I have ever heard it called "maccas" before!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Go enjoy on Friday!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

good night peeps!

:laugh: :laugh: :tongue: mmmmmmmmm mickey Dee's!!!! or now I'll be calling it maccas...lmbo....so funny Aussie Libra!!!

hey if its a once in awhile thing I say go for it....I personally am not a big fan anymore, though the smell is intoxicating...the way I feel after enjoying anything from "maccas" is well NOT ENJOYABLE...so I say if you can "handle it"....do it, get it out of your system...OOOOOOOR be a good doobie and get something healthy like a salad w/ your burger of choice instead of fries....but then what fun would that be right???? :huh: :laugh:

hugs and have fun and good luck!
    Ali :drinker: