Sun Crystals vs. Other Artificial Sweeteners

Amy62575
Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Ok, call me dense, old school, or whatever...but I have been using Sweet n Low forever (and a day) and I am trying to switch to a new artificial sweetener. That being said, I have tried very hard to like Equal or Splenda, but YUCK! :sick: YUCK! :sick: and :sick: YUCK! I have seen a lot of recipes on mfp that include Sun Crystals or Stevia or Truvia.

What are your thoughts people? :laugh: I am concerned about taste but also want something that is not going to kill me LOL :bigsmile:

Replies

• Stevia is all natural substitute, its what I use and it has no after taste. Cancer is a scare for me so I try very hard not to use any chemical sweeteners.
  • I too am trying to ween myself off of Sweet n Low, but I haven't found a replacement that I like yet. I've tried the Stevia and the Splenda and I don't like either. I like the Splenda better than the Stevia though. YUCK.....If you find one that compares to Sweet n Low be sure to let m know. :)
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    I am a Truvia girl! Like it because it is like sugar crystals. I use half a pack in my peppermint tea everyday!!! No after taste that I notice.
This discussion has been closed.