Four? FOUR?

Options
The scale was up FOUR pounds this morning. Should I blame it on the stupid dairy queen blizzard I had yesterday as a treat? But FOUR POUNDS. :noway: I know, it has to be water weight. I hate water weight.

I'm back on track today, ready to kick some butt at the gym, but i'm just :mad: :grumble: at the four pounds.

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    The scale was up FOUR pounds this morning. Should I blame it on the stupid dairy queen blizzard I had yesterday as a treat? But FOUR POUNDS. :noway: I know, it has to be water weight. I hate water weight.

I'm back on track today, ready to kick some butt at the gym, but i'm just :mad: :grumble: at the four pounds.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I was up this morning too (2 lbs) but I refuse to log it.. :explode:

has to be water weight, as I have been doing everything I'm supposed to...

maybe there's something in the cosmos that's making some of us heavier than we really are :laugh:

I'm going to be extra vigilant today, and hopefully the payoff will come tomorrow with going the other direction, and THEN some!
  • lina1131
    Options
    I don't log gains, only losses! :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Four what? Remember what "fat" looks like? There is no way that overnight you grew one of these...let alone four:

m3hfau9y.jpg
  • alymarest
    alymarest Posts: 115
    Options
    is it close to your time of the month??
    because i gain 5 pounds 1 week before i start.
    but it's all water weight.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

That doesn't sound right...I've had splurges before and it hasn't shown up on the scale the very next day
    I would keep up working out and watching your cals and weigh in next week (and don't log in those 4 pounds...blah!)

Kim
  • lina1131
    Options
    My period ended a few days ago, so it shouldn't be that, but who knows?

I'm on my way out to workout. I'm hoping I can get rid of these four crappy pounds in the next few days. It's just frustrating because I could be working on losing more weight, but i'm working on relosing what I had already lost. :indifferent:
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    I hardly go by the scale when it comes to a few pounds. The smallest things can effect the scale-if you ate/drank anything, had to go to the bathroom, had clothes on... Dont stress about it. It will work itself out.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I wouldn't worry TOO much yet. Give it a few days and see what happens.

I know I am retaining a TON of water during the Summer months. It REALLY sucks. I have been drinking more tea (especially iced green tea), and it seems to help flush it out. Maybe try that.

One meal or cheat thing like a blizzard isn't 14,000 calories! (4 lbs worth):laugh: :laugh: I mean, there is just NO way that caused it!!

See how your body adjusts as the week goes on. For Pete's sake, stop weighing every day people! I know a lot of you do it and maybe some of you understand what the body does...but I know I would be depressed if I weighed every day! It's just not an accurate account of how you are doing.

Hugs! Hang in there girl!
    -Tam
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I agree...don't weigh every day unless you can mentally handle it. I have finally come to the point where it doesn't mean much to me to hop on the scale and move on even if it says three up or whatever. I just drink more water and the next day or so I am where I need to be. I learned over the last month to not stress over a pound here or there. YIKES!
  • lina1131
    Options
    You guys are telling the queen of stepping on the scale to not step on the scale. :laugh: I'm not really freakin' out too much over it. It's the most water weight I have ever gained since starting to lose this weight, so it was kind of like :indifferent: :sick:

Anyways, I had a good workout and I think I just sweat 4 pounds off! :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Nice job pretty Lina!!!!:bigsmile:

I never add back gains either....as long as it consistently going down....its usually water weight or TOM bs...:grumble:

anyway...you're looking great!!! and good for you for not getting stressed about it...still give the scale a good swift kick anyway...show em who's da boss!:glasses: :laugh:

hugs!
    Ali
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i barely ever weigh anymore either...bc i was obsessing over it!

it has to be water!