Strength Training

Options
Jayni40
Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
I have been doing cardio for almost a month now and I would really like to start incorporating some strength training. I have dumbbells up to 10 lbs and a stability ball. Anybody know of any good DVD programs that I can use at home to get started. I am just not ready to hit those weight machines at the gym . I just want to start off slow then work my way up. THANKS!!

Replies

• coahdan
    coahdan Posts: 19
    Options
    Check out the Power 90 DVD's. That's the program that came out before P90X and is much better for beginners when it comes to strength training.

Keep up the great work!

Dan
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I was JUST gonna post what coahdan just posted....Power 90 is GREAT!!!!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree. P90. There are two, P90 and P90X. (X = Extreme) For anyone starting out, I would recommend starting with P90 and working your way up. I'm on day 3 and eventhough its not the extreme version, ITS TOUGH!

Good Luck.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred is a great place to start, it incorporates cardio strength and abs all in one dvd and each work out is only 25 minutes.
  • legend1973
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/intro

www.bodybuilding.com

If you have any questions about lifting weights, diets, supplements, health, cardio workouts, nutrition, this website has it all... don't let the name scare you, there are 100's of 1000's of members just like you and me on there looking to make life changes, fathers, wives, grandparents even... I've learned alot reading their articles and there are a ton of videos, its another tool at your ready...
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try supreme 90day system got it at Walgreens for 19.99 saw it on TV kind of wondered why so cheap since all the others are approx 100.00. Have PX90 and chaleane Extreme also Insanity. I have the problem trying to keep up with the jumping. so I tried this one and OMG it kicked my butt, and the burn was great. I feel these DVD's 10 in all was worth the money. You can also order on the web site (same name) Good luck !