What time do you eat breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    The best way to lose weight is to realize there's multiple ways to the same goal, some are better suited one type over another. But don't dare call someone a negative name for their views on nutrition or exercise because it doesn't match what you believe - they may just be able to help you if you open your eyes.

AGREE!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you! There is no direct evidence that eating breakfast helps your metabolism in any way.

http://nutritionovereasy.com/2011/04/dear-bob-harper-and-editors-of-shape-magazine/
    http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/is-skipping-breakfast-bad-for-you.aspx
    http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/what-kind-of-breakfast-is-best-for-weight-loss.aspx

I usually wake up at 7:30am, get ready, and have breakfast by 8am. I usually wake up starving so even that seems too long for me to wait.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast does nothing for your metabolism. The best thing anyone could do for weightloss is skip it.
    Ready for the hate. lol

I eat breakfast because If i dont I will be a hungry beast the rest of the evening/night
    and thats what makes it bad for ME not to eat BF...
    I go take a 45min walk to my daughters school when I get up and then come back home and eat my BF
    keeps my hunger at bay and my mood great!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast does nothing for your metabolism. The best thing anyone could do for weightloss is skip it.
    Ready for the hate. lol

That's because you're already fit. That's a lie that it does nothing for your metabolism. Don't assume unless you're a registered dietician that has done case studies on it.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I got fit because I researched the case studies and followed what made sense to me and skipping breakfast was one of those things.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Don't assume unless you're a registered dietician that has done case studies on it.

Are you?

Just because the mainstream says "you gotta eat breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day" or "your macro ratios should be 40/40/20" doesn't mean it is so.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    -Up at 6:30 am but still laying in bed
    -7:30 - Breakfast
    -11:00- morning snack
    -2 - Lunch
    -4:30- PM Snack
    -6:30- 7:00 - Dinner

9:00 pm- Work out for an hour of so then come home take a shower and go to bed. :happy:
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I eat around 8 in the morning,,but if you are getting hungry try something like Fiber bars they keep you full longer...and in between meals I alwats eat fruit....Good Luck to you ,,you do need to eat breakfast because it gives you more energy to take on your day...
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I don't necessarily know if skipping breakfast is straight out BAD for you, but I imagine most of us who skip meals would get extra hungry at the next meal, and you might overdo it. However, I personally am never very hungry in the morning and I skipped it all the time when I was in college. Even now I sometimes won't eat until it's almost lunch time, for the very fact that, nope, not hungry. I don't think it helped me lose weight, but I also don't think it hurt me either.

However, I still say it's better to eat regularly because your body does need fuel to function, and you need to break your fast. Not so much because of metabolism, but just because your body needs energy!

I typically eat around 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning, which is 1-1.5 hours after I get up. I work at home, so there's no commute time so I usually wait until the last second to get up. Haha. My breakfasts are never very big, 2 eggs and some fruit, maybe a little fruit parfait made with greek yogurt, or a bowl of cereal or oatmeal (made with whole grains, of course - none of that artificial kiddy cereal crap!).