MFP Biking Gang--8/4/08

Options
2»

Replies

• stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    The heat really does not seem to be a problem. just means I need more fluid and I am not mixing the Gatorade with water.

As long as I ride I am fine. It's on the hills and taking a break where I start sweating.

Shore P L E A S E tell me where I can find that cute picture. P L E A S E
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

My electro-lyte mix came today!! YEA!

Now, how much of this stuff should I be drinking on waters?? Right now, I drink about 32 ozs of water per hour, so how much of my fluid intake should be this electro-lyte stuff?? And, is that in addition to my water or as part of my water intake??
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Here is a cycling endurance website I found that talks about proper nutrition and hydration during long rides:

http://www.ultracycling.com/nutrition/nutrition.html
  • shorerider
    Options
    thanks! I'll check it outl

Got in 22.3 miles this morning--that gives me 117 for the week so far.

Used my electro-lyte stuff and really think it made a difference! I actually almost stopped and used advantage of the "Great Outdoors Potty" but made it home. That's only the 2nd time I've since I've been riding that I felt that urge! I was able to keep my speed up some more too--about 13 mph--and still keep my HR within my "fat burning zone".

Soooo, maybe you guys were right and I was wrong. :blushing:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wow, it was really pleasant weatherwise this morning here in east central Alabama. Usually it is all ready unbearable by 9 am. I didn't get out until 8 b/c my kiddos are back in school and I had to get them out the door. If I didn't have a huge list of things to do I might have even done more than 15 miles!

Monday - 10
    Tuesday - 14
    Wes - OFF
    Thurs - 17
    Friday - 15
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Reading your posts Shore and Bamboo I feel like I am lazy not going out there every day. I still need a day or two to recover from my long trips and then it's time to go to work again:ohwell:

I hope I have the energy tomorrow morning after a 12 to ride a few miles.
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Beautiful weather today in South East Michigan. I told people at work that it was a gift and I just had to ride my bike to work!! :smile:

So, the stats for the week so far:

Wednesday: 30 miles
    Friday: 24.6 miles

I have surpassed my goal of 40 miles ALREADY and I am planning to bike with a friend tomorrow morning and with the family on Sunday. I hope the weather remains cooperative (and my legs as well)!!
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day! No humidity, high 80s, but lots of wind slowed me down. 20.7 miles today.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    We did 39.3 this morning and had to cut it short to pick up our daughter from a spend the night gig. Weather was awesome. I felt great. I drank LOTS of water which creates the problem of having to pee alot. Guess I am going to have to learn how to jungle squat despite wearing spandex!!!!:noway:

Monday - 10
    Tuesday - 14
    Wes - OFF
    Thurs - 17
    Friday - 15
    Saturday - 39.3
  • shorerider
    Options
    No riding for me today--no time.

We're leaving very very very early in the morning for vacation! yupi3ti.gifyupi3ti.gif

So someone make sure to start a new thread on Monday!
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Okay the numbers are in for my record week of 2008:

Wednesday: 30 miles
    Friday: 24.6 miles
    Saturday: 27.5 miles
    Sunday: 5.1 miles

Total: 87.2