Big weight loss

Options
I've dropped 3.2 lbs since my Friday morning weigh-in:smile: . I'm sure some of it is water. I average 1 to 2 lbs per week. I'm terrified that tomorrow I'll get on the scale and it will all be back. I know I shouldn't step on the scale for a few days and enjoy the good feeling but I'm addicted to getting on that scale every morning. What do you guys think? Get on the scale tomorrow and risk my weight going up with a chance it will go down further or wait a few days and speculate what it might be. It's like going to Las Vegas

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. Everyday doesn't make me feel like I'm able to tell my progress because of water retention and things like that. But every week I know I have made progress.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I would wait and enjoy your loss. I am addicted to the scale as well. It hurt my feelings when I worked my tail off all weekend and gained two pounds. The scale is the devil on some days. LOL.
  • genshi800
    genshi800 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    stop looking for instant results by weighing yourself everyday. Keep a good meal plan and stick to your guns.. Confirm with the scale once a week or so. If your trying to lose weight, and your meal plan is geared this way.. You wont be seeing any gains.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If it's going to make you upset to see a gain, then stay away and wait until your next official weigh in day. However, if it's going to bother you until you do, then by all means peek while keeping in mind that it's just a minor fluctuation.
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    For me the scale is my friend...its what got me back on MFP. When I see those numbers creeping back up it makes me want to work hard. There is nothing wrong with steping on the scale daily if it's going to push you to set out what you want to do...But only officially weigh yourself on the same day/time of the week. I do mine Monday mornings.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I see all my fluctuations. You have to realize that the number doesn't tell the whole story. About a month ago I was 122.6. I started lifting (new routine). My weight jumped to over 125 overnight (even saw some 128 here and there) and stayed up. I didn't let it stress me out - I just kept going with it. This morning I logged 122.0. I didn't restrict my calories. I didn't deprive myself.

If you feel you can handle it then do it. If you feel like you are obsessing about it then back off. Just know if you weigh every day you will see different numbers. That doesn't mean you are gaining fat.
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all good advice. Decision made; my next weigh in will be Friday morning.