boneless chicken breast help

Options
13»

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Filling Chicken Quesadillas (I don't ever measure anthing so add spices a little at a time and taste as you go)

Poach chicken and shred
    Mix chicken with:
    1 can white northern beans, drained & rinsed
    1 cup salsa (more or less, depends on how saucy you want it)
    cumin
    chili powder
    garlic powder
    montery jack cheese, about 4 oz.

Put mixture into a tortilla, fold in half and toast both sides in a pan. Then, put them in the oven to heat all the way through.
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I bake my chicken with, italian dressing after seasoning it with some seasoned salt and a little italian seasoning. Bake for 75 mins, and you are done!!!
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    found one in a magazine, you coat (all sides) of chicken in Catalina Dressing and cook in oven 25-30 min. SOOO Simple and was VERY good!! Can't get any easier than that!!
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My new fav thing to do is to butterfly the breast (or steak or chop or whatev) open like a book and then put it between two layers of plastic wrap and pound it out (using a heavy skillet or rolling pin or meat tenderizing hammer thingy) so it is really thin (1/4"ish). Then make a filling (spinach and a smidge of riccotta, mushroom and a smidge of shredded swiss, peppers and onions, use your imagination or whatever is on hand) and put some filling on one end of the meat. Roll it up, burritto style, tucking the ends in as you roll, and use toothpicks to hold it so it stays rolled. Then sear it in a little olive oil till it is nice and browned. Add some broth (or water or wine) to deglaze the pan, cover, and put the pan in the oven til the meat reaches temp (like 350 for about 15 more min.

This sounds fabulous!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Love some chicken!!! We eat it several times per week. Sometimes we will just grill it and eat as a salad or bake it with lots of veggie sides. Now that grilling season is here (and we just replaced our grill with a new, amazing awesome grill) we like to season with garlic salt, onion powder and grill and put BBQ sauce on it while grilling.

Also, get you some KC Masterpiece Teriyaki marinade. DH sauted some chicken, red, yellow and green bell pepper and onions the other night and added this in. He then dumped in some left over brown rice. I am not a big veggie person (and I miss my General Tso's chicken) but this was the bomb. It was so good and really make that craving go away.

Slow cooker with some yellow rice and steamed broccoli.

Season with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Take some Panko bread crumbs and parm cheese and dredge your chichen and bake. It gets you that fried chicken wthout all the calories.

Marinade in some italitan dressing and grill or bake.

Marinade in italian dressing and dijon mustard and grill or bake (so good)

Chicken tacos or chicken fajitas
  • jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Chicken

Sounds bad, but is really good!!!

One bottle Catalina Dressing (I use light or fat free)
    One can cranberry sauce
    One packet French Onion Soup Mix

Mix all together and pour over chicken and bake until chicken is cooked through. Serve over noodles or rice.