Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism & No More Trouble Zones

Options
Hello all!

I am currently on Day 13 of JM's 30 Day Shred. I was planning on starting BFBM and NMTZ last weekend, but chickened out due to various factors (too long, not enough time on hand, too difficult..lol). Anyway, do you guys think I should finish 30 Day Shred before attempting these new workout DVDs, since they're so much more longer? I read some old threads where people said that these workouts are pretty difficult...

For the record, I started working out only 2 weeks back, after not doing anything in the past 1 year (besides walk).

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    I'm a one video at a time kinda girl... you can always try and if it's too much back off of it.
  • living_4_me
    Options
    I would wait until you've done level 3 for a bit before going to BFBM - there are many level three moves in that workout. It's long, hard but GREAT!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is kind of similar to the 30 Day Shred. While Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is longer, there are no weights involved but it is pretty high intensity at times. I burn a lot more calories doing Banish Fat than I do during No More Trouble Zones. Doing all 3 levels of Shred at once I only burn 70-90 more calories than just doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I love the BFBM workout and do it regularly.....it's just the blasted 6th circuit that I dread every time! She really spaces it out nicely though 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 7th aren't too bad at all.....it's the 2nd and 6th that are more intense...especially the 6th. I just concentrate on the circuit I'm in...it's over quickly and different muscles are worked from one move to the next...so it's easier than you realize...not the same torture as the shred or NMTZ where she beats up the same muscles over and over.

(edited for typos)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I finished the shred before starting those dvds and I was glad I had, they are tough but do able once your used to Jillian's style. good luck!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone! :) I really want to get done with 30DS ASAP. At the same time, I want to give something else a try as well. Hehe. I am still undecided. I guess I'll wait till the weekend to see how I feel and then give BFBM a try. I think I am gonna stay away from NMTZ for now because I really need to lose some fat before worrying too much about toning. I've heard everyone say that BFBM helps you burn TONS of calories! Of course, I still don't have a HRM and I won't know exactly how many I've burned...bummer.