Hummus

Options
2»

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Masala Hummus - indian spices with a touch of honey. It's delicious! :)
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What type of hummus do you guys eat. I bought one kind can't remember but i didn't like it. I ate it with carrots. What do you eat it with?

in all seriousness it healthier to make your own cause it's lower in fats and such so it's prettier..but it's sooooo easy tomake, just a can of chickpeas, some tahini (you can find that in most grocery stores no, kinda looks like peanut butter) and you can add anything, i personally love it with a bunch of roasted galic and a smashed sweet potato in it (adds more fiber/minerals and makes it seem smoother) but there aremillions of recipes available online!

anything from pretzels, to veggies, to wasa crackers (rye are prob the yummiest ones with it) thankfully hummus is great on almost anythig savory!!
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    http://weightwatchers-diets.blogspot.com/2008/04/weight-watchers-hummus.html

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I googled it for you :)
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I buy Tribe - All Natural 40 Spices which is delicious on veggies, wheat thins, sandwhich thin/twin rolls, or on the side with fruit and cheese.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just got a recipe off of taste of home. I had the roasted red pepper. I didn't like it. To dry.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love the whole foods brand in roasted garlic that iveat with cucumbers
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I BUY ONE WITH RED PEPPERS, MADE BY TRIBE. IT'S GOOD RED
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Spinach and Artichoke kind...So addictive...
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I love the Athenos Original & Roasted Red Pepper. Trader Joes has some good ones too. Love the one they have with cilantro and jalepeno. Sabra roasted garlic. Mmm! I eat with veggies (carrots, broccoli & cauliflower), pita chips and reduced fat wheat thins. Its also very good on a wrap.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i love hummous but its so high cal.
    I used to love it on toast with a bit of mango chutney. Delicious.
  • lynnstar_lynnstar
    lynnstar_lynnstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love the Trader Joe's versions and Costco's Sabra brand
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: TRADER JOE'S GARLIC HUMMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I eat it with whole wheat crackers most of the time, but I have used it on pita bread and carrots!!!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    spinach artichoke ---- SO GOOD!!!
  • amandaLdacosta
    amandaLdacosta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cucumber sticks. i buy mine from the bagel shop. :)
  • bamagirl2020
    Options
    What type of hummus do you guys eat. I bought one kind can't remember but i didn't like it. I ate it with carrots. What do you eat it with?

My favorite brand is Sabra by far. I'm not a fan of the Athenos brand at all. My favorite flavors are Roasted Red Pepper and Supremely Spicy.
  • cfmusgrove
    cfmusgrove Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I :love: SABRA SUN-DRIED TOMATO HUMMUS!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! :happy: :heart: :love:
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I make my own. It's so easy. Just a can of chick peas,a clove of garlic(I put 2 cuz I love garlic), & a tablespoon or more if u like of tahini. I make like 3 cans at a time & keep it in the fridge. I eat with pita, cucumbers or just a spoon!
  • pahughes
    pahughes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have several favs. I love Aldi Grandessa Roasted Red Pepper. We make sandwiches with it because it tastes so similar to pimento cheese - at least it does to a vegan!

I eat Sabra Spinach and Artichoke with veggies every day for lunch.

I love Trader Joe's Three Layer Hummus - zesty cilantro, traditional, and roasted red pepper. I spread it on Wasa Multi-Grain Crispbread.

I've tried a couple of homemade recipes, but I've not found one I like as well as those listed above.

Any suggestions for recipes?
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    love, love, love hummus! Went through a red pepper stage but now doing the classic one. love it with grape tomatoes, pita chips, carrots, snow peas, pretzel sticks.