A few questions. :)

CharleePeters
CharleePeters Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Hi, I have a few questions, please could some one answer them!

I have eaten my breakfast , lunch and had an early dinner. I am still quite a lot under calorie target.
I wanted to do a workout tonight as well.
My pro is already over and my carbs are up to the limit!

What do I do?

Not eat any more and just have low calories
Eat some more pro high foods
Eat some more carb high foods

I think my diary is public, I have only just started back after a break and have gained 4lbs :(
I really struggle to eat enough calories a day and its even worse when I work out.

Also I seem to always go over on the pro, is this going to stop me loosing weight?

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,549 Member
    Don't worry about going over on protein. I would eat an egg white omelette with veggies and maybe a little bit of cheese after you work out. You need to fuel your body. The veggies are good carbs so don't worry about that.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Not only is going over on protein not going to stall your weight loss, the additional protein will ensure that you lose fat, since your body will never steal from the muscles to make up any protein deficit! While we do need some fat, you should never worry about being a bit under.

high carb foods, on the other hand, can trigger cravings and set you up to over eat for the day.

Low calories are OK once in awhile, but not a good habit to get into.

Good luck!
  • Being that I <try> to burn off the cals that I eat I am somehow always under cals sooooo I have the same problem.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    This is going to sound counter intuitive, but the reason you are under on calories and over on carbs and protein is....you aren't eating enough fats. Try to add some healthy sources of fat such as nuts, avocados, high quality olive oils...some dairy sources with some fat.

Fat isn't evil, you actually need some of it. That being said, I'm usually in the same boat you are.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    I always aim to eat as much protein as I can. I mainly keep an eye on my cals, sugars and sodium.

If you are really hungry, eat something healthy. Being 100 over isn't going to do you harm.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    I would be opting to show more options, mainly sugar and sodium. I'm guessing that your morning cereal is going to be sky HIGH with sugar.
  • Thanks everyone :)
  • Yeah, I had virtually nothing in food wise this morning so had to have the cereal, I don't usually eat it! I will add the extra options on though.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Eat more protein.
This discussion has been closed.