Get a hot tummy without leaving your desk!

Options
I just wanted to share a tip on something I've been doing lately.

While I'm sitting in my chair typing an email or something I just slouch down a bit (not too much, just so that my butt isn't touching the back of the chair) in my chair, lift my feet off the floor and my back off the back rest and hold if for as long as I can. If you want, twist your upper body left and right to engage the obiques a bit.

Have fun!

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I just wanted to share a tip on something I've been doing lately.

While I'm sitting in my chair typing an email or something I just slouch down a bit (not too much, just so that my butt isn't touching the back of the chair) in my chair, lift my feet off the floor and my back off the back rest and hold if for as long as I can. If you want, twist your upper body left and right to engage the obiques a bit.

Have fun!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Excellent tip...I never think of those things on my own...thanks for jumpstarting my physical awareness this morning!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    how about in the car. I got caught doing 'crunches' at a light the other day!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it right now!

Speaking of a chair exercise....have you heard of the hawaii chair, as seen on Ellen? Now that'll make your jiggle wiggle! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Move from side to side, faster and faster! Hold on!!!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    simple, easy , and effective! lol I love it!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    here's another tip.... ever since i was younger, my mom would always tell me not to slouch and to pull my belly button in and tighten my stomach. now, it is something i naturally do and i constantly have my stomach muscles tightened!

when i think of it, i'll release them and tighten again just for a little kick :happy:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Speaking of a chair exercise....have you heard of the hawaii chair, as seen on Ellen? Now that'll make your jiggle wiggle! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Move from side to side, faster and faster! Hold on!!!

Oh my goodness! That was hilarious!! :laugh: :laugh: