BMR and Calorie help

Options
I'm 34..6'1 and now weigh 267 lbs. The last two weeks I've been doing cardio and strength training 5-6 days a week. I've also lowered my calories to be between 1500 and 1600. I lost 10lbs in the first week but the 2nd week i would gain and lose the same 2lbs. Someone told me I wasn't eating enough calories so I am looking for help..suggestions anything.

Replies

• spoiledwifenikki
    Options
    maybe up your calories for a couple weeks and then lower them back you know go back and forth for about a month and see what that does don't go up to much go back and forth somewhere between 2000 and 1500.
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    If I'm doing the math right based on my BMR and activity level I should be consuming around 2500 calories a day which just seem like so much for trying to lose weight
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    I think you may be building some muscle with your strength training. Keep the calories on the low side and be sure to measure and track every bite. Also check your measurements and see if you are losing inches. When you are building a little muscle it will cancel the weight loss out for a week or so but you will be more toned and lose inches.