Looking for a good (easy) chicken recipe...

Options
2»

Replies

• astauff
    astauff Posts: 32
    Options
    I just found a recipe for Honey Roasted Chicken.

4 boneless chicken breasts
    2 tablespoons mrs dash southwest chiptole blend
    2 tablespoons of honey

place chicken in a bowl and toss with honey and mrs dash
    lay chicken on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 6-7 minutes turning chicken over after about 4 minutes

Its 180 cals per serving

I found the recipe on allrecipes.com it called for onions but read peoples comments and they said the onions gave it a weird flavor I am going to make it tomorrow night for dinner if you want to friend me I can let you know how it turned out. I also found a recipe for healthy living cheesy smashed potatos to go with it :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I make chicken fajitas or quesadillas. I substitute greek yogurt for the sour cream.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Bonesless chicken breasts put in crockpot. Add jar of salsa. Cook most of the day- the last hour shred the chicken. Use for tacos or any other recipe! Very easy and extremely flavorfull!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump chicken is my fav food love new ideas and ill probably add some of my own tonight
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I made BBQ chicken empanadas last night that were fabulous. The way I made them, they came out to about 200 calories a piece. They are about 40 minutes of active time and 20-30 minutes cook time. This is the recipe:

2 cups Bisquick
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 hot water
    2 chicken breasts (about 3 oz each)
    3/4 cups BBQ sauce
    2 garlic cloves minced
    1 1/2 tbsp Franks Red Hot
    2 tsp mustard (I used a sweet and spicy kind)

Cook your chicken (I boiled mine with pepper and cayenne, but whatever works for you). While the chicken is cooking, mix the Bisquick with sour cream and water. Transfer to a flat surface dusted with Bisquick. Knead for about a minute. Roll out the dough to 1/4 thickness. Cut out 6 inch circles until no dough is left (I used a top of a tupperware dish to make the circles). Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl, shred chicken. Mix with BBQ sauce, Franks Red Hot, mustard, and garlic. Using a tablespoon, spoon a heaping spoonful of the chicken mixture into one half of the prepared circles leaving a little room around the edges. Fold the other half of the circle over and press down around the edges using a fork to make imprints. Put on a baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes until the dough is golden on the tops. Then, enjoy!

This sounds amazing!!

What can you sub for sour cream???
  • AFWinter
    AFWinter Posts: 13
    Options
    My wife and I (mostly her) make a baked bbq chicken that's pretty good. Take a boneless, skinless chicken breast, sprinkle it with cajun seasoning, cook it about 75-90% in the oven, then cook it the rest of the way in a low cal bbq sauce. I'm a big fan, obviously.
  • Lpfeifer419
    Options
    My favorite and easiest chicken dish is crockpot chicken. Take one whole chicken, put in a crockpot, season however you want (I generally use garlic powder and paprika), turn on low and walk away for 7-8 hours. I do not put any liquid in and it comes out so tender and delicious! I have heard of people who will put little tinfoil balls under the chicken to keep it out of the chicken juices.

When done, I will take the meat off the bones, put the bones back in with the leftover juices, add whatever veggies I have on hand, add about 6 cups of water, and cook on low for about 24 hours. When done, you will have the healthiest, most flavorful broth ever!