Stuck on a plateau

Options
I think i am at a plateau in my diet. I am not gaining any weight , maybe muscle from lifting, nor am I losing any weight. I am right where I have been for the past two days. How do you surpass a plateau?

Replies

• TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    I think i am at a plateau in my diet. I am not gaining any weight , maybe muscle from lifting, nor am I losing any weight. I am right where I have been for the past two days. How do you surpass a plateau?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Did you say 2 DAYS? Well, that is your problem right there my friend and I wouldn't really call it a plateau....YET! :wink:

Weighing every day will most likely cause you a lot of grief. Your weight will fluctuate for many different reasons in the course of a day. If you do weigh every day, you need to understand that.

I weigh once a week and even that messes with my head sometimes because the scale isn't always reflective of everything that your body is going through.

If, after a week the scale hasn't moved...then take a look at your eating and other things you are doing and see if there is something you can change to shake things up. BUT, even maintaining for a week is not necessarily a plateau.

Good luck!
    -Tam
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    Thanks for your help :happy:
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    It's only been two days...try waiting a week and checking then. Your body could vary by 1-2 lbs everyday (at least that's what my cousin told me, she's a nurse...I think she said it has something to do with water weight) So...don't freak out of you haven't moved in 2 days. Try again in a week and then see what happens
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    lol i am at the same weight i was at three weeks ago now thats plateau Very frustrating. But its my 4th one since i started dieting in January!! Best of luck!