Need Help Ladies!!!! What do you think

Options
So I have been trying to figure out what would be best for me? I am trying to figure out if I should do the MFP goal, or the customized goal....I was doing the customized goal at 50% Protien, 30% carbs, 20%fat and 1200 cals a day. It worked ok but I wasnt losing a whole lot a couple lbs here and there but in order to meet all that protien and stay under my sugar and salt and carbs adn fat were very hard to do and left me having to eat very plain. I was wondering if I should start off with just going with what MFP recommends for me? Im 5"2 Femal at about 185lbs, Im pretty short so my goal is to be 135. Im curious what other females around my height and weight have done to get to thir goals...I think the problem for me is I start off way to strict and exercise soo much that I ware myself out to fast and I feel like I should take some more baby steps until I can learn to manage my weight loss better and then step up to the strict high protien goal??? what do you think?? Im really good at working out everyday of the week so I dont have a problem forcing myself to workout but I need more tips on how to go about my food. I did weight watchers for 6 months a couple years back and lost 50lbs I really liked it because it was easier to track, I was also thinking about giving weight watchers another try but still logging in my food on MFP to make sure I stay low on my sodium because I know weight watchers dose not stress watching sodium and sugar as long as you dont go over your points, do you think I should do my weight watchers points for the first 10lbs to get me started? I have all my books and stuff still from when I was on the program so I wouldnt be paying to do it gain...any input from the ladies would be awsome:)

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    50% protein is too high. since you have about 50 lbs to lose I would stick with what mfp has set up. If you find yourself at a hault then mix it up
  • EASTCOASTNB
    EASTCOASTNB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think you should do what ...you...can. Weight watchers points is a good system and easy to follow...getting all your recommended nutrition is key :)
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    i say do what works for you hun, sounds like WW worked good for you, maybe use it again to give you that extra push to lose like 10lbs or whatever amount gets u more motivated to start trackin more in detail
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    I use what MFP set for me (except that I lowered my sodium and increased my fiber)
    If Weight Watchers worked for you before, I'd do that again. Logging it here will help you keep a journal.
    And as someone mentioned before, mix it up when you plateau. I don't think it matters exactly how you do it, as long as you find something that works for you!
  • KiDoJo88
    KiDoJo88 Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't really follow the MFP recomendation for protein/fat, though I do for calorie intake. Before I joined here, I lost 90 pounds eating higher amounts of protein and keeping my crappy carb intake to a low/none. Working out and staying active is key, too, however if you do too much and don't take in enough calories and such, your body goes on "starve mode", and may start storing fat. Hope that helps and good luck :)
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0' and i started out at 185......I am now 155 but I was down to 145...My goal is 135 or I will be happy to wear a size 8 in clothes....I did WW a years ago....I think this is much better....Don't be so strict on yourself....go to the regular settings and hey just try to cut back on your sodium and sugar...so what if you go over a little....think lifestyle change not diet...you can do it.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I tried to look at you food diary, but it wasn't open. I think you need to stick with MFP. You need to pick a program that you can stick with for ever. We are talking about lifestyle, not a diet to lose 50lb and then get off of it.
    You could stick with MFP and note that when you exercise your protien will go up. I don't think you should force yourself to stick inside those guidlines every day. The sugars are low, but they don't account for the natural sugars that are found in fruit. I am always over on my sugars and my protien and it is still working. If it is still working for you and you are losing weight why worry about changing it right now.

Take your time, you have the rest of you life to lose and maintain your weight loss.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I agree that I think your protein is too high. I have mine set at 45% carb, 30% protein and 25% fat. A very common setting I've seen is a 40/30/30 breakdown as well. I lowered my sodium goal as well mainly because I have high blood pressure but I do think too much will hinder your success.
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies!! I think I found myself thinking about this so much to where I was letting myself get too stressed out and that threw me off...It was good to hear all the positive feedback I think I am gonna go with my gut since u all said to do what I think has worked best for me so far...Im going to do the weight watchers for a month to give me that kick start and then try to stay low in sodium and make sure im eating the healthy kinds of stuff on weight watchers, not just all the lean cusines everyday. I will keep loggin on MFP of course to keep eye on my good and bad habbits and I will stick to my exercising :) Thanks again everyone!!!
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X so I just change mine every month.
    Phase 1 is fat shredder- 50% protein 30% carbs 20% fat. Phase 2 is energy booster 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat. Phase 3 is endurance maximizer 20% protein 60% carbs 20% fat.

Now I am on the last phase
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X so I just change mine every month.
    Phase 1 is fat shredder- 50% protein 30% carbs 20% fat. Phase 2 is energy booster 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat. Phase 3 is endurance maximizer 20% protein 60% carbs 20% fat.

Now I am on the last phase

Oh wow thats a good lil schedule you got going there, I have sum friends buggin me to try the dvd's so when I do them ill give those % a shot. Thanks