Exercise induced diarrhea

Options
**Warning it may be TMI**

This is a new thing that I thought ehhh it could be I caught a bug, or maybe changing my exercise routien has brought on this stomach achey, crampy, nausous, moody, out of focus, diarrhea kind of day. Doing a little search online provided me with the idea of exercise induced diarrhea. For me personally it is usually the other way around. Like my body is saying 'oh no I am gonna hold on to that since you seem to want to take it from me'. :noway:

I searched in MFP to see if there was a post about this and surprisingly it came up dry. (no pun intended though after re-reading it I must admit I chuckled) :laugh: So have you, or do you find this is the case for you as well? Do you let it natrually run its course or hit the drug store / herbalist? :huh:

Replies

• monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Dude! I am so going through this right now! BUT I had assumed it was from changing my diet and eating a lot more veggies and fiber and my body was adjusting. I never really thought it could be the excercise! I might need to hit the drug store and see what I can do because it is a little troubleing!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I find that it happens if I eat too close to a workout or eat certain things close to a workout.
    I believe it is known as 'runners' trotts'?

Not happend to me for a while.
    Hope you sort it.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Okay, I officially feel less troubled knowing that other people have experienced this as well. Of course, it's being incredibly inconvenient today because I am trying to finish a research paper that is due today!!! Ack!